Anyone else got a cry baby staffy? General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Zuluandnaomi, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Zuluandnaomi

Zuluandnaomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi

Anyone else got a cry baby staffy?

Anyone else find that staffies dont whine or whinge....They scream?! Lol.

Mine makes these weird high pitched "Chewbacca" noises and if say we dont see him stood at the back door waiting to come in, he literally screams until he gets our attention.

Whinges to go out...Whinges to come back in...Such cry babies!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    LOL! My sister's SBT is VERY VOCAL! No barking or howling but he has a very wide range of 'other' noises. I think I know what you mean about the Chewbaccy one - I called it a loud 'chattering' sound!
  4. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    I always said Anoushka sounded like a dolphin lol, big old seal pup eyes and that squeeky chatter :007: Samson is a squeeler too and is forever chatting:lol:
  5. Zuluandnaomi

Zuluandnaomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    haha glad I'm not the only one :)
  6. kat14778

kat14778 New Member

Name:
    kat
    we call our staffie chewy after chewbacca when ever he makes his silly noisies and many other names like gremlin lol
  7. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    I must tell my sister about this - this rescue SBT is the first dog they've ever owned and they are in their very late 40s!

She was a bit freaked out about Munch's 'vocabulary' lol!

Obviously a 'Staffie' thing!
  8. RinTinTin

RinTinTin New Member

Name:
    Mutty
    I work in rescue and so (sadly) have the priviledge of meeting a lot of SBTs.

The range of their vocalisations is wonderful but my favourite is the 'bliss grunt' often accompanied by the 'bliss grin'.

Fabulous dogs.
  9. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone

Name:
    Jules
    Yes coles is a cry baby. He likes to role over for belly rubs and he makes screaming content sounds. If you stop he'll nudge your hand and make whining noises to say don't stop, come on mum some more lol :)
  10. misskatie20

misskatie20 New Member

Name:
    katie
    I had friends over last night that come on holiday with us and the dog (first time she's seen them since) I put her in the kitchen when they first arrived because we had just ordered a take away and Oh my god!
    She must have thought we were going back on holiday again but without her because she was making the must awful sounds like you describe. One of the noises sounded so bad I dropped my food on floor and ran in to make sure she wasn't injured!
  11. celli

celli New Member

Name:
    jane
    The late great Spuddy had quite a range of noises, when he was very excited he used to do an ear-splitting cockerel impersonation, as well as the usual whinging and grunting. My remaining Stafford Daisy, hardly makes any noise at all, I really miss that :cry: .
  12. SuperflyBadger

SuperflyBadger New Member

Name:
    SuperflyDi
    Our Badger is so vocal that my little 6 year old niece wrote a story about him....it started off with "Once upon a time there was a staffy called Badger and he was a cryer!" lol.

Funny thing though - when he is in the car - he knows when we have arrived on our road - he cries and chats even louder - same when we go to my parents too!! Clever boy knows when he is getting closer to nanna and gramps' that he will be getting spoiled!
  13. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    I thought all staffies were cry babies. :grin:

The only breed I've heard come anywhere near making a noise like that twittery staffie noise that can only be described as someone drilling a hole in a metal plate are shar-pei doing their half bark half scream. It makes all the hair stand up on the back of your neck and your teeth itch. :lol:
  14. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    my 2 pits are like this as well.almost like there trying to speek,without afull bark,but when they do its a very stressed bark?its there excietment,but there trying not to bark.my dogos wine, alot
  15. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    I've found this with staffies that I groom. The noise they make is indescribable:) In fact it's the one thing that would put me off owning one!
  16. celli

celli New Member

Name:
    jane
    Lol, I think it's one of their most endearing trait's.
    That and the fantastic snogs.
  17. Vanayres

Vanayres New Member

Name:
    nessa
    my staff is 2yrs old now and the sound she makes sounds like a hyena lol
  18. Zuluandnaomi

Zuluandnaomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    haha this is brill. Love all the stories. Sometimes it sounds like we are murdering him or doing something god awful to him....nope...he's just telling us he wants to come out of his crate now!
  19. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Diesel doesn't cry or scream but he does talk, his favourite noise seems to be a long drawn out Owwwwwwwwww and what sounds like hello sort of Aaaaarrrrrrooooo other than that he snorts and grunts like a pig :lol:
  20. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    so has anyone got sneezed on yet?lol
  21. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Yes I have one....:mrgreen: She makes some cute noises. Sometimes she sounds like she giggling!:005: