Anyone else raw feed their akita? General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by humanpuck, Dec 21, 2016.

1. humanpuck

humanpuck New Member

Name:
    Humanpuck
    GsdSlave likes this.

Anyone else raw feed their akita?

New akita owner here, we've had our Kingsley boy for 3 months on Christmas day. He's almost 5 months old and he's the best pup. Once he hit 4 months he was switched from puppy food to raw food. He really loves it, I incorporate berries and calcium rich veggies when he gets meat with no bones. Anyway I've read that you should feed your pup 2-3% of his full grown weight daily. So if he's going to be close to his mothers size he'll be around 120 lbs. I give him 3 lbs of food/day, is that too much?

Some pics and video's for your enjoyment.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    He is lovely! But then as a raw feeder what else could I say? His two dads are also special. I would love to see pictures as he he is now.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    He is a lovely puppy.
    Sorry, I'm not a raw feeder, but would always judge the quantity I give by a balance between the dog's appetite and appearance - just a nice loose covering, but not fat. Judging by the photo's, you seem to have it right.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    120 lb seems heavy for a bitch.
    Each puppy is different and Akitas don’t start filling out till about 2/3 yrs old, best guide is to go by eye, he looks fine in the snow video.
  6. humanpuck

humanpuck New Member

Name:
    Humanpuck
    Yeah that was him this past Saturday, by eye it is. His mom is a big girl...
    http://ancientknightakitas.com/Jury.html
  7. Justjay1123

Justjay1123 New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    I half raw feed mine. I do give her a bit of dry food top up and some supplements.
    I've found she got very good at eating right if that makes sense, I feed her by eye but sometimes she won't eat it all and if she's still hungry she let's me know straight after feeding by mouthing myou wrists and walking to and from the kitchen. She got wise to doing this naturally around 6 months old and is a pretty big akita herself. Being 102 pounds at just gone 9 months
  8. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    LOL @ the TV video, he is so engrossed. I don't watch much TV myself but after seeing that I might get some animal stuff to see how mine does with it.