Anyone's posts gone missing recently? Alert!

Discussion in 'Help / Suggestions' started by Azz, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Anyone's posts gone missing recently?

Malka is on about her posts 'disappearing' yet none have been deleted as far as I can tell (I am the only person who can permanently delete posts - the mods simply remove posts from public view).

The only reason I am asking this is because I did make some big changes to the server the other day, and so wondered if this may actually be an issue (although nobody has complained on any of the other sites) ...otherwise I'd put it down to Malak's vivid imagination :081:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    This is strange Azz, as a couple of days ago I remember thinking that I was sure I had replied to a thread - but it wasn't there. I put it down to perhaps not having pressed the , 'Post Reply', tab, although I know this usually leaves the message in feint type, in the reply box. Trouble is, I can't remember which thread it was now!
  4. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Not missing, but not showing. I did not see my new post Sat listed until Sun.

Have had CaroleC's maybe happen before, but I've always chalked that up to how much my work phone rings even on my days off. Know I've closed a few mid post because I've had to go in or really long conversation.
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    @CaroleC If you're using quickly reply - that could happen if you move away from the page before your data has been sent to the server.

@LMost Latest posts only shows unread posts (so if you posted it it marks it as you have read it), did you look in 'recent posts'? Recent Posts
  6. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Odd but yesterday I posted on the thread about family resemblance. Today I went back there and my post wasn't up but it was still in the send square like I had just typed it. Just kind of weird, that never happened before
  7. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    That means it didn't get to the server at all (so different to Malka's problem where she said others saw her post then they disappeared).

Your issue might just be temperamental internet connection - let me know if it keeps happening.