Are their any flock guardian breeds working in the uk? Discussions

Discussion in 'Working Dogs Forum' started by Murf, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    If they are like Ozzie they will get confused and want to play with the big hairy spitting dogs..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    They are very cute - and they do chase the dogs when we are trying to shed the Wensleydales off from them :-D They certainly aren't afraid and so could make very good protectors of your poultry.

I know you have seen these pics before, but thought others might like to see them if they haven't already. :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    For someone who didnt know what was behind that wall they must think they are bloody tall sheep ...lol[​IMG]
  5. Morewuffthan

Morewuffthan New Member

Name:
    Briggs
    I think they were Alpacas but these were the only animals that my very laid back Border Collie took an instant dislike to on sight.

Geese are very good poultry flock guardians by making a dreadful racket. Like a burglar alarm if you see what I mean.
  6. ste

ste New Member

Name:
    Steph
    Yes where I live we have wolves, infact Italy has a fair amount of wolf packs. so the maremmas are for the wolves. lovely dogs when not protecting sheep:grin: a friend used to have 3 of them!:shock:
  7. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    You need to ask Scout75 about her experiences with sheep, wolves and maremmas in Italy :shock: :lol:
  8. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Scout75 please tell me about your experiences with sheep, wolves and maremmas in Italy please:grin: :grin: