Aren't greyhounds lovely? General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by x-clo-x, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Was that to me? I can't have another sadly. We are expecting our first baby in December and so I don't think it's the right time to add to our canine family...hopefully one day!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. polly7

polly7 New Member

Name:
    pauline
    sorry, yes it was to you.:)
    I understand. I hope you will get another one day when baby is old enough. They are such beautiful hounds and so many needing homes.
    good luck with new baby
  4. julie-kn

julie-kn New Member

Name:
    Julie
    I wasn't that keen on Greys before I had one. I got one because I have bad knees and sometimes can't walk very far. (It's amazing how many people told me I was mad getting a Greyhound with my knees). I got a 10 year old just over a year ago, and I am now completely hooked. He looks very distinguished with his grey face and elegant. Although he is quiet in the house, he can't be described as boring at all. Quite a character in a quiet sort of way.
    This year I adopted a lurcher, about 1 year old, smooth haired, looks like a small Greyhound. She is a little devil, but now my life is complete. These type of dogs for me in the future.
  5. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Thanks, we'll need it! Yeah, there are so many out there, I'd love to have more, we'll have to see how things play out.

Sounds like you made a great choice! I think I'll always be having these dogs too, they get under your skin. People do ask me if he's boring - NO! He's hilarious in a quiet way, as you said, and he makes us laugh every day - usually for doing something dopey or lying in a weird position, bless him :D
  6. WufWufs

WufWufs New Member

Name:
    MrWufs
    Beautiful dogs - so laid back and such soulful eyes.
  7. julie-kn

julie-kn New Member

Name:
    Julie
    I love the positions they lay in. I'd have more of them if I had enough sofas!
  8. HollyG1

HollyG1 New Member

Name:
    Holly
    I would love a Greyhound, perfect for the family as well as there's a field 10mins away where people take their dogs.
  9. polly7

polly7 New Member

Name:
    pauline
    there's thousands out there waiting for your family to choose one .
    I had great danes for many years, then GSP and I loved both breeds with a passion but I only had a greyhound for one day and realised I would never have anything else. They have taken over my life. They are the most amazing dogs
  10. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    Went to Great Greyhound Gathering today - loads and loads and loads of them... plus the neverending collar-shopping possibilities. Don't get the sheer quantity of collar (plus matching tassels) and coat shopping potential with other dogs!

Mind you - the baby on my back got about an equal amount of fuss to the dogs!

Now if I could just get mine to stop piling all the shoes up on the sofa...
  11. coventrycatfish

coventrycatfish New Member

Name:
    Bek
    Oh yes, Greyhounds are lovely. They're so elegent and dignified... right up until the moment they walk over to your chair, turn so they are pointing their a*se directly at you and then let rip with the most evil smelling fart in existence.
  12. spot

spot New Member

errr where you in my house tonight?:shock: :grin:
  13. polly7

polly7 New Member

Name:
    pauline
    what is it about shoes & boots they love so much. Mine keep taking them and leaving them in the garden. Not so good when it rains!!
  14. julie-kn

julie-kn New Member

Name:
    Julie
    My Greyhound leaves my shoes alone, he hasn't the energy to move them. My Lurcher is always putting my boots, shoes and slippers on the lawn, those she hasn't chewed, anyway