Australian Cattle Dog Discussions

Discussion in 'Australian Cattle Dog' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Australian Cattle Dog

Australian Cattle Dog
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. rottalmarotts

rottalmarotts New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    [​IMG]

This is Willis aka Yippie Kai Yay for Rottalma

[​IMG]

Brody my 4 year old bitch aka Austmans Brisbane Beaut at Rottalma
  4. rottalmarotts

rottalmarotts New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Are there no other Cattle Dog owners out there !!!

[​IMG]

Willis Wombat aged 4 mths
  5. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Appears not Jackie :lol: but your little Brody & Willis are lovely looking dogs.
  6. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    very pretty;-)
  7. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I think you are on your own :)

Great looking dogs, what are they like as pets? :)
  8. rottalmarotts

rottalmarotts New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Everyone I spoke to before I got Brody said they were a handful and destructive but I thought what the hell I have Rotts so I understand a strong minded breed. I have to say they are a joy they just want to be with you I don't think they fare well in a kennel environment they need to be a family dog. They do take looking after you very seriously and my two love kids even though I have no littlies visiting they love to play so kids adore them as they never get bored and refuse to join in.
    I am doing Discover Dogs with Brody and Willis at Earls Court on Sunday AM November 9th as I love to change peoples perception of this breed.
  9. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Thanks x

If I am lucky enough to wangle it and go, I would love to meet them there. They look full of character. :)
  10. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    Beautiful dogs. My friend had one, she was a first time dog owner and found their pup a challenge (she didn't ask me for advice before she got Ziggy and it was a bit of a spur of the moment decision).

She did really well and rose to the challenge of training. At 9 months of age she had managed to almost cure the nipping at the children's clothes and other issues when Ziggy was attacked by a loose GSD out on a walk. Although she was three football fields away from the main road she panicked and bolted for home. She ran across the fields and straight into the path of an oncoming bus.

RIP Ziggy.
  11. rottalmarotts

rottalmarotts New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    That is so heartbreaking.
    MY 2 have never been nippers although as with some herding breeds I have heard of it.

They are very intelligent and strong willed and deffo need to know boundaries
  12. rottalmarotts

rottalmarotts New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Not been on here for a while so I thought I would update this thread with updated pics and a little addition

Brody

[​IMG]

Willis

[​IMG]

and introducing Mirrhi

[​IMG]
  13. Emma

Emma New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Lovely dogs, we have lots of here :lol: :lol: nice to see they have spread out of Australia :grin:
  14. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Just been researching this breed online. I was looking at rescues and noticed Wiccaweys had one up for adoption. I've never really paid them much attention before but this one caught my eye and I think i'd like one in the future! I've also been looking at Kelpies (i've given up with collies for agility, need another breed!)
  15. rottalmarotts

rottalmarotts New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I looked on the Wiccaweys site and she looked a right find no surprise she is rehomed already they are very addictive lol
  16. Emma

Emma New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Kelpie's are lovely, so smart and so energetic
  17. toebot

toebot New Member

Name:
    Jay
    I have a ACD Beagle mix. She's a great little girl. LOT'S of energy.
  18. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Theres an Australian Cattle dog for rehoming at Many Tears :)
  19. TLDAVE

TLDAVE New Member

Name:
    Tina
    Hello rottalmarotts, I have 2 ACDs and before that we had Rotties, I used to work for a woman who bred rotts in the early 1980s
  20. rottalmarotts

rottalmarotts New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Woooooohooo I thought I was all alone Tell me more where are the cattle dogs from and who did you work for we have had rotts since 1980
  21. TLDAVE

TLDAVE New Member

Name:
    Tina
    My red dog who is 6 is a kind of rehome , he originally came from Austmans (his dad is Riot) and my 2 year old blue bitch came from a small village in in Derbyshire ( her dad is Austmans Ground Control. she has really strong working instincts.
    does the name Tushielaw rottweilers mean anything to you?