average weight at 8 weeks old General Chat

Discussion in 'American Bulldog' started by john778, Sep 16, 2016.

1. john778

john778 New Member

Name:
    john

average weight at 8 weeks old

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could tell me the average weight of an American bulldog male at nearly 8 weeks old.I'm no expert on American bulldogs and would appreciate any input. My pup weighs 4.55 kilos at nearly 8 weeks old I'm worrying that he is far too light.I viewed his mother and father when I got him and they are pretty big dogs. I'm starting to think the mother may have been crossed with a staffy or something.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not know anything about the breed but would not think that 4.55 kilos is too light for a not yet 8 week-old puppy. What does your vet think?

You say you think the mother may have been crossed with a staffy "or something" and yet you say you had seen both dam and sire. Do you have any registration papers for the puppy? And would it bother you if the puppy is not what you think it is?
  4. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Ambulls can vary wildly in size, even within the standard. Take into account people that breed outside of that for whatever reason, and there is a huge range that your puppy could fall within.
    He's 8 weeks old. Is he eating and pooping normally? Treated regularly for parasites? Growing? Of a good body condition?
    Yes? Then ignore numbers.

And if you bought from a breeder that you didn't trust... well then more fool you ;)
  5. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    10 pounds sounds about correct. it is really according to body shape and size.