Bad luck or just unfortunate. General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Bad luck or just unfortunate.

Friday morning I went across to the macolet and someone who had been parked drove out without looking and smashed my nearside front light. She drove off without looking and someone coming towards me hit and smashed my offside front light.

I managed to tape them both up with electric tape - was going to telephone the company from where Xanadu came from on Sunday, but left it and then what with the macolet having broken into I did not manage to call them until yesterday afternoon, and at 9am this morning their techie came and replaced both front lights and all the cables.

Tikva, although she did not know him, did her usual "it is a man, I love men, I want cuddles from him and to climb all over him for luvvies" - she is such a flirt :rolleyes:

Yes I have insurance. Insurance if any of my wheels causes an accident to any one/anything outside, and insurance for everything indoors with my household insurance - and insurance if Tikva tripped someone up even if she was in my yard or in my home at the time but because I do not know who caused the damage outdoors, none of my insurance covers the cost [a LOT] for the two new front lights on Xanadu. It would have been their responsibility in any case as they hit me. A large 4 drive vehicle driving into my chair?

Oh well, this year has started off diabolically expensive due to things packing up and needing replacing and/or fixing, but if I had been holding my keys when that car smashed my lights, I would have keyed it as it went past.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I don't see how these drivers didn't know that they had hit something. You weren't actually on your scooter were you? That could have been a really serious incident.
    Times and morals change, and not for the better unfortunately.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No, I was on Xanadu, my electric wheelchair. The car just caught the front right hand light - the other side light was caught by a car coming towards me. And of course I was sitting on my chair. And it is not an "oh I did not see it" little wheelchair, it is a good solid one.

Remember Tonto? My first baby scooter - he got knocked over by another such idiot. And I had to buy Tontoo because when Tonto had been knocked over the footplate got bent so he could not steer properly.

Same place, same type of idiot not looking.

But Xanadu is not a small electric wheelchair or scooter. - he is bigger and much heavier than my manual wheelchair, and the basic frame was built to my requirements, both seat and orthopaedic back. And another couple of thousand shekalim for a full lighting system, plus the control arm being able to be moved back so I can get to a table, and then moved forward for driving through doors etc. It would take a heck of a lot to tip him over and if anyone ever did I would get flattened underneath him.

Unfortunately these lights and the fittings are not the sort that Doron could get and fit, so I had to get the company from which I bought Xanadu - who was imported from the US with special orthopaedic seat,/back/movable arm/full lighs etc - and because I cannot get Xanadu to their company [near Tel Aviv I think] I had to pay for the techie to come here. Bang went another 2,000 shekalim.