Beagle from Dogs 4 Us is a Harrier HELP!! Questions

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by Mooma, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    :001: Another one who thinks Brian is lovely here too!

When I was at college we had a college pack of beagles and they were mostly much slighter in build and more like very tiny foxhounds than the show type beagle: but like all packs, they were bred specifically for the terrain and the hunt's own preference to a large degree.
    There was one slightly odd-shaped hound who was lovely, but heavier and longer and he was a basset x harrier!

Over in Ireland, there are working beagles of all shapes and sizes: although Kerry Beagles are a totally different thing all together.

I agree with the others: he's a lovely little hound, but may or may not be 100% beagle and his breeding records may or may not be 100% accurate but he's 100% adorable and I'm sure you'll have many happy years together:001:

On another topic - coonhounds are an American breed, for a very specific task. Why are any over here? Is there a Racoons4Us somewhere?!:mrgreen: I'm just amazed that we have them in this country.

Before I finish - I print out little leaflets about why puppy supermarkets are bad places and leave them when I've been on trains and busses, or slip one in a magazine in a waiting room..........you never know who will pick it up!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. honeytone

honeytone New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Here we go, as promised. (Apologies to the OP. I know this is an old thread but we seem to have hi-jacked it somewhat. :blush: )

Firstly a puppy photo we got from his original owner...

[​IMG]

This one was taken the day we brought him home (aged 3)...

[​IMG]

Lazing in the garden, last Summer...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And 'on patrol' on holiday in Wales, last year.

[​IMG]
  4. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    oh yes a beautiful boy!!!! def a Williamswick dog! how do u post photos on here?
  5. honeytone

honeytone New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Thanks! I know he's handsome but I'm totally biased. :lol:

You'll have to upload your pics to Photobucket or the likes and post the image code.
  6. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    Here goes!

Candy as a pup (sent to me from previous owner)
    [​IMG]

Candy when she came to us at 26 kilos!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Candy now, 7 kilos lighter!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    and her little tricks shes learnt so far!

[​IMG]
  8. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    she still has a couple more kilos to lose but shes doing great! So sad that her owner let her get so fat but we are sooo lucky Candy is with us now in her forever home!
  9. honeytone

honeytone New Member

Name:
    Sara
    What a sweetie! She's absolutely gorgeous and looks such a happy little dog. I love the video! :D

Yes, it is sad that her owners let her get into that state, she's so lucky that you came along when you did. I hate to think about where Murphy might've ended up, if we hadn't heard about him through a friend of a friend. You've done a great job with her weight-loss! How old is she, by the way?

If it's OK I'd like to give you my email address so we can keep in touch, as I'd love to hear about Candy's progress but I don't think you can send or recieve PMs you until you have more than 20 posts on the forum. :?
  10. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    shes 3 years and half. birthday is August.

yup thats great as id love to keep in touch with you too.

Saves us hijacking the thread any further! xxxxx
  11. honeytone

honeytone New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Excellent! You just need to get over 20 posts now. ;-) :lol:
  12. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    lol lol lol
  13. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    Did you get in touch with Alice the breeder?
  14. honeytone

honeytone New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I emailed Murphy's previous owners with an update on Saturday and I did start to draft a letter to Alice. I will finish it and get it posted this weekend! :)
  15. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    Any news yet? x
  16. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    hi hun, did you get a reply from Alice yet?
  17. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    I have sent her loads of photos and following it up with a DVD of Candy this week x
  18. tink

tink New Member

Name:
    Natasha
    Hi,I don't think Honeytone has been on for a little while :)
  19. FerretloverUK

FerretloverUK New Member

Name:
    Marcy
    oh thats a shame. thank you x
  20. Laura12

Laura12 New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Good luck with him =] He looks a challenge but a lovely dog.

I do hope people will stop buying from Dog R Us, it may appear a nice place in the puppy shop, but personally I think it should immanently ring HUGE alarm bells that the parents are no nowhere to be seen! Which is rule 1 when getting a puppy to me.
    They would not dare show you how the parents live, but it is the side people need to see in order not to buy.
    Thank you for rescuing him! He is in safe hand now I am sure.
    Laura
  21. Laz1609

Laz1609 New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Harriers are a type of beagle, my sister has one.
    He is Kc reg as well so there for is a full beagle, just a different type,
    He is a fab dog and very handsome, he's absolutely brilliant with my two girls, I looked after him for a while, whilst my sister had to work away, and he kept me company, yes he was destructive if e didn't have his walks, and his recall wasn't amazing, but with lots of training and patient they domake fantastic family breed.

They are deffinately a beagle, she got him from a registered beagle breeder, and again he is KC reg too.

Oh and in ur pics he looks very much like my sisters dog, just gorgeous! And just to add they grow big at all, yes bigger than your popular beagle but not huge :)