Beauceron Discussions

Discussion in 'Beauceron' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Beauceron

Beauceron
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Anyone have experience of this breed?
  4. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Met a few.

Gwen Bailey had (has) one caled Spider, very chilled and confident when I saw it last (several years ago).

Met a few more, one in WT, however, like several other continental breeds, have failed to live up to their importer's claims of being "the next working dog".

The males can be very very strong, I think it was Meg Purnell Carpenter that first brought them in.

They look, to the uninitiated like a GSD x Rottweiler especially as they do not have their ears cropped as they do in France.
  5. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    I went to the Beauceron Club UK Companion Show, held in July, at Meg Purnell Carpenter's kennels.

[​IMG]

Adult Harlequin Beauceron
    [​IMG]

12wk Harlequin Beauceron puppy (black & tan littermate in the background)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    I saw these a few years ago on a visit to Crufts. Sid and I were looking forward to seeing one in the flesh as we both like large breed dogs and after seeing pics in dog books thought we would really like them (not to own, just for it's looks).

However, in the flesh, we were both disappointed - neither of us liked their looks at all. They looked a bit nothingy for want of a better word! No offence intended to any owners, I'm sure Rotts and Frenchies aren't for everyone either.:mrgreen:
  7. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    I've met a couple via Obedience & they were both quite chilled, but their owners both advise they are definitely not a breed for the faint hearted