Bedlington Terrier - saw one today! General Chat

Discussion in 'Bedlington Terrier' started by Alphatest, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I saw one on holiday in Noirthumberland and he was a cuitie too.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    I know somebody who used to have one. Cracking wee dog although I couldn't tell you whether he was more 'show' or 'working'.

Dawn - Some good examples there - and I suspect we could do an entire thread comparing the differences between show and working strain in different breeds.
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    We could Phil, you are right!
  5. China

China

Name:
    ruff
    we have a few being shown down here, stunning dogs
  6. China

China

Name:
    ruff
    here is a show dog
    [​IMG]
  7. Rachie

Rachie New Member

Nice thread! I've been asked to groom one and I wasn't sure at first whether I should do it as a newly qualified groomer. But looking at the working ones I'm sure theres not too much more involved than normal clipping?

I've never attempted one before and I know hes only 6 months old! I've arranged to meet him first for half an hour to allow him to get used to me... and my equipment. That was I can build trust.

Does anyone who grooms them already have any tips for me?

8. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    Very cute :)
  9. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Name:
    Alex
    we ssee one on our walks every now and then and first time i saw him i thought he looked like a lamb!

his coat was soooooooo soft and he was so sweet btu his owners said he was like a typical terrier and had to kiss goodbye to their lovely flowewrs when they got him!
  10. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    I've only ever seen trimmed ones, any pictures of what the natural coat looks like
  11. Munsti-Sue

Munsti-Sue New Member

Name:
    Sue
    I see a lady in one of the parks from time to time and her beddie is quite an outgoing character. One of the few dogs my dog will engage in play with.

Saw the lady yesterday and she had a 2nd beddie with her, a little pup. Very outgoing little one, darting around trying to get Bodie to look vaguely interested in a chase game...worked and Bodie introduced it to the joys of muddy puddles/wallows.....little pup was up to its belly in muddy water and loving every minute....dont think the owner was too impressed:lol: