Bedlington Terriers - more laid back and less 'terrier' than other breeds? Questions

Discussion in 'Bedlington Terrier' started by Wyrd, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha

Bedlington Terriers - more laid back and less 'terrier' than other breeds?

Does anyone have one?

It says in the blurb about them that they are a little more laid back and less 'terrier' than other breeds, has anyone found this to be true?

They look like fun loving little dogs, and look taller than 16 inches in the pics and vids I have seen (I've yet to meet one in person).
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    They are fabulous! Really neat, sharp and loving dogs, working types are a bit more "terriery" though. Still cracking dogs, Id have one.
  4. Shani

Shani New Member

Name:
    shani
    I want one, I've done loads of reaserch & met several.
    I have seen two adult sizes, small (little poodle size) & what I guess might be 'standard' medium sized, (about knee high). Though in the books i've read, there is no mention of differant sizes. Their hair is sooooo soft & their temprament sooooo amienable.
    I sooooo want one! :lol:
  5. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    I have met a few. Think they are really sweet little lamby sort of dogs but they don't look like your typical terrier!

If I didn't know they were terriers I would think they were toy dogs (except they are a bit big) as their faces and build are quite different from most of the other breeds in the terrier group.
  6. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    I think that's why we like them, as they are less terrier like :lol:

Anyone know any good breeds? There doesn't seem to be many listed on champ dogs or the Kennel Club.
  7. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
  8. border pop

border pop New Member

Name:
    BORDERPOP
  9. Luchi

Luchi New Member

Name:
    Chris
    There were two at a Cane Corso event that we attended a few months back. They were impeccably behaved, not at all phased by all the Cane Corso's milling about, and a real credit to their breed. Also rather cute. :grin: