Belgian Malinois mix? Questions

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Hcardo, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Hcardo

Hcardo New Member

Name:
    Heather Cardone

Belgian Malinois mix?

Hi, I’m new here. We are fostering a puppy from the humane society and we think he may be a Belgian Malinois mix. Are there any tell tale signs for me to look for to see if he really is. Here is a picture. He’s only about 2 months old and weighs 11 or so pounds.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Hcardo

Hcardo New Member

Name:
    Heather Cardone
    Another picture

Attached Files:

4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Could well be, but it can only be a guess. You could have a DNA test. The major laboratories results are much more reliable than they used to be. He is a sweet puppy, whatever his breed, - will you fail as a foster parent and keep him?
  5. Hcardo

Hcardo New Member

Name:
    Heather Cardone
    CaroleC likes this.
    Yes, I think you could definitely say this is a foster fail lol. We really love him. So sweet a pretty laid back. I’ll probably eat those words haha
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Heather - welcome to Breedia from Tikva and from me :039:

Your lovely foster is very sweet and whatever breed mix he is, looking at that last picture I reckon he will be a foster fail!
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    Laid back are not the first words that spring to mind when talking of Malinois. The exception that proves the rule?
  8. Hcardo

Hcardo New Member

Name:
    Heather Cardone
    CaroleC likes this.
    He is young so that could change but also he is definitely mixed. He tried to jump from the bed to a high dresser the other night so the laid back thing might be changing LOL.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I hope he did not hurt himself - but I am sort of laughing as my little booga somehow managed to jump up and end up in the sink this morning... :102:
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think I should qualify my above comment about Tikki getting in the sink. She did indeed end up in the sink but I was knelt down at the time and she used my back as a springboard! :D
  11. Anthony tenthoff

Anthony tenthoff New Member

Name:
    Anthony
    I would say it is possible that it is part malinois. Has a lot of the same markings as mine. If so make sure you do your research. 572D50DD-094D-4613-A67E-4EBCF74F5E2F.jpeg
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Anthony - your Mal is very handsome. May I ask if that is an e-collar he is wearing, and if so why?
  13. Anthony tenthoff

Anthony tenthoff New Member

Name:
    Anthony
    Yes. Maci always has an e-collar on. It is used as a training tool. It causes them to regain focus on you instead of something else. It has worked wonders on both of my dogs. After about a couple of months working with it a simple beep will have them refocused and ready to train.