Belgium shepherd General Chat

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by ky-bosh, Sep 5, 2017.

1. ky-bosh

ky-bosh New Member

Name:
    marg
    Nugget180 likes this.

Belgium shepherd

Hi I'm new here I have an Akita 11 years old Bull greyhound ( rescue ) disabled 7 years old and shepherd puppy 4 months old but I have been stopped a couple of times by different peole asking if he is a Belgium shepherd it realy doesn't matter to me but he is a stunning little fella and now I am curious is he or isn't he .

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    ky-bosh and CaroleC like this.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka, GsdSlave and ky-bosh like this.
    I would vote GSD Malinois cross too.
  5. ky-bosh

ky-bosh New Member

Name:
    marg
    thank you so much I have never heard of a Belgium shepherd he s a bit naughty chewing the floor the doors but the one thing that gets to me is him jumping up and snapping at my hands and legs he draws blood I had to have a injection last week because of him not to sure how to stop that .

Attached Files:

6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    He will be teething, so distraction is the easiest method. Substitute a rope tuggy or a damp knotted tea towel instead of your hands. Don't let him get overexcited when playing, keep it low key, and keep reminding him to play Gently. When he grabs, let him know that he has hurt you by yelping. Fold your arms and face the wall - so all play stops when his teeth contact skin.
  7. ky-bosh

ky-bosh New Member

Name:
    marg
    Oh he isn't playing it happens as soon as he see,s me he jumps up then he caught me or when I'm putting the lead on for a walk biting the lead jumping at my legs and biting I walked him with my akita and he just turns and snaps at her face while on our walk .
  8. Hailey

Hailey New Member

Name:
    Hailey
    Definetly part malinois or tervuren which is basically a long haired malinois usually with more of a pet temperament. My springer used to bite like that when he was teething which was probably because he didn't have enough exercise and because my family let him bite them. It eventually subsided after he stopped teething but in sure there's some things you could do to lessen it until then I just don't know what. I'm lucky with my mal he isn't super bitey yet even though he's teething. I advise walking him alone until you get the lead biting over with. My mal used to do that I would yank it out of his mouth fast which would hurt him a little but it's better than having to deal with that for months. Also keep the leash short so there's not a lot of leash for your pup to grab onto. Mine bit the leash a lot when he wanted to go somewhere but also when he was rejecting the leash so if you do obedience for his food on walks it might help him like the walks more so he might not bite it as much.
  9. Nugget180

Nugget180 New Member

Name:
    Gary
    My puppy used to do the same thing. It takes a lot of work to get them to stop but I would suggest play games with him like fetch or maybe obedience training you have to keep them busy.Another key to this problem is alot of socialization so he's less likely to bite other people but don't worry they are a easy breed to train but if you need help I'd look for a trainer with experience with the breed