Berger Picard Questions

Discussion in 'Working Dogs Forum' started by Kitkat_, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    Malka and 6JRT's like this.

Berger Picard

Does anyone know much about this breed or even ever met one? They are pretty cool dogs and I would love to know if anyone has any experience with them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    Malka and 6JRT's like this.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Kitkat_ likes this.
    No not even sure if we have any breeders here in the UK
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Kitkat_ and 6JRT's like this.
    This is a breed that I love the looks of. I have only seen one of them at the Champ shows, and it was a little smaller than I had expected. Perhaps they are a little mixed-breed looking for most exhibitors, but I suspect that it would only take one of them to land a role in one of the soaps for them to take off.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Kitkat_ likes this.
    I think the KC are going to call them Picardy Sheepdogs. I have only just noticed that this has been posted under the Working forum - not surprising as I can't find a section for the Pastoral group.
  7. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    There is one assured breeder in the UK but how many dogs they have or produce is a different question.

I wondered why I couldn't find them on the KC website, I thought they were on there. I thought technically they "work" so working section was the best place to post lol. I love their mutt looks!
  8. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    6JRT's likes this.
    This makes me want one!

9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Kitkat_ likes this.
    They look kinda athletic like Border Collies. Don't like the scruffy coat but the ears and temperament look awesome.

Lol like you say, they kinda just look like mutts.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    They do have a breed note writer in DW, she is called Tracey Gray. She gives a mobile number and email details if you would like them. She also shows a Lakenois, (I love these too, but have been told that they are not very prolific - so can be hard to get hold of. I read that there were two of them at Midland Counties. I haven't seen a copy of OD lately, so I don't know whether there are any notes in there.
  11. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    The breeders I have seen are called Tina and Clive Pickering with the affix of Picarboo (love that affix) but have just seen someone on a Facebook group saying no one is breeding in the UK and we are still importing from France. Definitely want to know more about these dogs, if you could send me the number and email address for Tracey Gray that would be awesome, not sure if we can private message on here or feel free to just post it in here :)
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I know Tina and Clive, as they are Bouvier folk. I didn't know they had a Picard - but now their affix makes sense! They are also mentioned in the breed notes, along with their young import Maya. There seems to be a small circle of owners, but I can only see one mention of a breeder who sounds as if she could possibly be a Brit - Ellen Adams - the rest sound French.
    Tracey Gray, 07742 770398, email: zippy4321@aol.com.

Just realised that I misspelt Laekenois!
  13. marpera

marpera New Member

Name:
    Marta
    Helidale likes this.
    So beautiful dog, its adorable. Thx for sharing this amazing criature.