Bichon Frise size? General Chat

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Kerryowner, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie

Bichon Frise size?

Hi everyone.

Just wondered if anyone knew the correct coat size for a Bichon Frise? I have seen some lovely dog coats in a sale for £1 and asked my niece to secretly measure my Sister's Bichon Frise bitch from collar to base of tail but it doesn't seem right what she has told me?

She said 45cm but I think this is 18 inches and is what Cherry is! Cherry is much bigger than Lily so can't be the same size coat surely!! I wonder if she has measured to the tip of her tail perhaps. Don't want to ask her again as she is busy with her twin babies. Anyone got a Bichon girlie they could measure for me please? Lily is a standard size Bichon. Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. border pop

border pop New Member

Name:
    BORDERPOP
    bichons vary greatly, i've seen tiny ones and huge ones. 18 inches could be right depending how big your sisters bitch is. Kerries are a square breed so are short backed in relation to their size whereas the majority of bichons i see are long. You may have to ask again for the size. Then again if they are only £1 its no big loss if it is too big. Cherry could have a new coat.
  4. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Thanks for that. The annoying thing is I was at my niece's on Friday night and my Sister came and dropped Lily off as she was staying at a hotel overnight to meet her husband from the airport. I could have measured her myself then if I had only thought of it! Doh!
  5. HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny New Member

Name:
    yazmin
    I have seen many sizes. Honey is a medium. But Bichon sizes differ greatly.