Black Border Terriers? Discussions

Discussion in 'Border Terrier' started by tillytheterrier, Mar 27, 2010.

1. tillytheterrier

tillytheterrier New Member

Name:
    Gerri

Black Border Terriers?

We met a man at Crufts with a group of border terriers and a black dog we assumed was a patterdale. But when we asked, he said she was a black border terrier. I've never seen a black one before and didnt know they came in black! Not even found one from searching the internet. Does anyone have any experience of black Borders? Just interested to know if its a recognised colour or a one off!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. angied

angied New Member

Name:
    angie
    not sure but they arnt called black they are called blue(even tho they are black!_)
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Solid black definately not. Black and tan adult would be a very poor blue and tan Border.
  5. bugzy

bugzy New Member

Name:
    kelz
    I think BorderDawn is the lady to talk all thing Border with, I'm sure she will be able to tell you all the colours Borders come in :)

Edited to add, oops, She's already beat me to the thread and must have replied when I was typing my reply.
  6. tillytheterrier

Name:
    Gerri
    Thanks guys. I did think it was odd. He was jet black, but very border like. Reckon there was a bit of Patterdale in there!
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Border/Patt crosses do look like Borders, nearly always. Think he was conned!! ;)
  8. tillytheterrier

Name:
    Gerri
    Lol. Probably. Was probably sold as some wonder cross with a double cost price tag! :roll:
  9. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    Are you sure it was a border? The other year at Crufts there was a black Lakeland!
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    There have always been black Lakies.
  11. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    ;-) I know there have always been black Lakies; but they are few and far between in the UK in the show ring, as opposed to the working terrier world. I remember talking to the man who had him and he was laughing at how many people were asking what breed it was when it was a lovely Lakie.

(I actually misread the OP: I didn't take in the bit that said the man with the dogs had called in a black border:blush: )