Border collie x rottweiler? Photos

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by lozzibear, May 29, 2009.

1. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren

Border collie x rottweiler?

hey, i have an 8 week old crossbreed puppy. not sure what he is but i think he is a border collie x rottweiler. anyone agree? if not, what else could he be? thanks for an suggestions :)

jake

[​IMG]

his curly tail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sleeping :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Definitely collie in there, but I don't think I can see any rotti?

It may be easier to guess at his mix once he's a bit older.

He's a real cuttie, whatever he is :)
  4. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    we were thinking rottie coz of his tail. also coz of his tan legs and tan bits on his chest and cheeks. his brother in the litter also had the tan eyebrows... could be something else though
  5. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    When I saw the first pic, I could definitely see Rottie (chest width and brown feet!). The tail is def. Border Collie, IMO, so I'll opt for the Borderott!

Snorri

E.T.A. : What a mixture! A great sentry dog in the making! An agile mantrap!
  6. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Well, of course I still haven't seen that many rottis with tails but the ones I have seen, very few have a curly tail.

I did notice the tan on his legs, but border collies can be tri-coloured (i.e. black white and tan) - my old boy (now at the bridge) was a tri - he had tan on bits of his legs and he had ginger eyebrows (but they faded as he got older).

The tail makes me think of spitz type breeds, but they tend to have pointy ears and very sharp, foxy faces, which your boy doesn't have.

Mind you, his paws look quite a size, so you could be right;)
  7. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Can't see any rottie in there personally but definitely collie, our rottie has a curly tail but not a high curl like that, never seen a rott with a tail like that, time will tell as he grows, best footie team btw. ;)
  8. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    In saying that he does have quite a bread chest and shorter muzzle for a collie x, maybe lab? His size will tell more as he grows, it's always harder with pups!
  9. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    dito, I thought spitz type when I seen the tail,

lovely pup though, I dont see to much rottie in there just yet, but being so young its hard.

Did you see the mother of the pups?
  10. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Humm - I would have thought spitz type....can;t see the rottie....but they change SO much as they grow.

Keep us posted :D
  11. TBBS

TBBS New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    How big is he?

Definately BC x, maybe Basenji (the tail curl).
  12. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Just a collie!!!!! Tails can be curley (shouldnt be but can be!!!)
  13. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

14. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    thanks everyone. the mother was never seen, i got him from the sspca and they said the litter was abandoned so nothing about either parent is known. im 100% he has collie in him from his looks and his behaviour but he definately isnt full collie. dont think he has the right built and colouring. i think he will change a lot as he gets older, ive only had him a week and he has changed a lot already. his cheeks were totally black when i got him but gradually everyday they get more tan lol. i was thinking basenji for the tail but not sure about their other characteristics lol. i do see rottie though
  15. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    he could be a real bitza....he may have a little splash of this and a hint of that,

whatever he is hes adorable.
  16. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    his tail looks like this rotties...

[​IMG]
  17. Tillymint

Tillymint New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    don't know - but just wanted to say he's lovely whatever he is! It's quite exciting watching them grow when you are not sure what they are. Ours is a rescue pup, we were just told "labx" but quickly sussed out she is so much more collie. Wish I could see her siblings now as they all looked like labs (we chose the fluffy one!)
    Were there others in the litter when you got yours? oh & whats his name?
  18. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    thanks :) his name is jake :) had others in mind but when i saw him i just knew jake was the name for him lol. what about yours? one of his siblings had already gone but when i picked him he was with his brother (who looked very rottie lol) and his sister (who looked exactly like him apart from the tail lol). he was the most lively and was so so friendly and i loved his tail! plus, he is such a sweetie :)
  19. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    One of our team has a collie x not sure with what and he has a curly tail just like your pup he`s very cute, i love his nose

Mandy
  20. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Any new pictures?

I thought Collie x Terrier of some sort. Of course, it is very hard to tell at that age...
  21. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    thanks :grin: i love his nose too, everyone always says its adorable lol

yeah, he has changed a lot over the last 5 weeks lol, and he has got huge! well, huge compared to when we got him :lol: vet thinks defo collie and labrador and probably rottweiler...

these are some new pics of him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:grin: