Both dogs blowing their coat General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by who owns who, Jul 1, 2018.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    That looks like my house. Well at least the pile of fur does. I couldn’t imagine having carpet with heavily shedding dogs, no wonder your vacuum died.. I have hardwood, linoleum and a little tile, no throw carpets. If the dogs want a soft spot to lay down they have beds or blankets. Usually they just sleep on the floor.

It looks like maybe you have a comb on the carpet near the fur pile, does this help with the undercoat? I do not have one of those in my tool arsenal
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I start off with a Pin Brush to loosen the coat then I use a double sided metal comb, wide tooth first and then narrow tooth, its surprising the amount of hair that comes out, next for the longer surface hair I use a rubber horse curry comb, and then finish off with slicker brush.
    s-l225.jpg
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Nigredo HATES the slicker brush. I am cumbersome with it. I think I've stuck him a few times. So I ditched it. I just use a regular brush and a comb like the one shown above. And baths... They REALLY help.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My Best Friends

Two Beagles, but different coat textures. Eddie's on the left, Merry's on the right.
    IMG_20180704_194204.jpg
  6. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    [​IMG]
    This makes life with my Akita and Siberian Husky bearable. The two offset rows of teeth are blunt but trap the loose hair weaving through it. Both my dogs will lie down on their sides and let me brush them until I finish. I do one side then roll them over and do the other.

Also don't bath your dog anywhere near the time when they're blowing their coat, it just makes the hair dryer and a lot more "airborne" than it has to be.

Oh, its called The CHI Double-Sided Shedding Rake and Shedding Blade.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Thanks all for the pics of the tools you use for your heavily shedding dogs!!

I discovered today that when the dogs are chewing on each other I can get a little brushing in. Especially their tails!!
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Tikva for not shedding! :043:
  10. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I’ve been very busy with work, Bandit hadn’t been brushed in 2 weeks. You should see the interior of my truck. It needs vacuuming badly.