breed check :p Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Antriac, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Antriac

Antriac New Member

Name:
    Antriac

breed check :p

Hey guys!! I adopted my princess few months ago but few days ago at the vet visit he told me that she might be a boston terrier. I saw the father and he was a frenchie but didnt see the mother. Doesnt really matter just qurius. I am adding some pics so u can see and compare with ur babies!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    When you adopted did she come from a rescue centre?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    When you took her to the vet "few days ago" was that the first time you had ever had her seen by a vet?
  5. Antriac

Antriac New Member

Name:
    Antriac
    No. My dad bought her from the guy that owns her dad. No papers
  6. Antriac

Antriac New Member

Name:
    Antriac
    No of course not!! :) we had our shots 2 months ago but we had an eye issue and we had to visit.. First time i took her he said nothing and he regiatered her as a frenchie. But now for her age is taller and thiner for a frenchie at her age (5 months old) and he said she looks like a boston
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If she is healthy now and she is definitely cute according to her picture :007: and you love her - does it really matter what breed she is?

Just love her for what she is, whatever it might be - papers are not the be all and end all unless you wanted a pure-bred to show. She is your little Princess so love her for herself, not for what she might be. :)
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    I would say that she is a Frenchie. The ears and muzzle look FB in shape, and one of the chief characteristics of the Boston are those black tuxedo markings. I would expect her to have rather more black if she had a Boston mother.
    She is rather light in both bone and muscle though, (compare with some of @BronsonTheBulldog 's photos in the thread New Owner), so I wouldn't like to be certain that she is 100% Frenchie. Your Dad should really have seen the puppy with it's mother, but that is water under the bridge now. KC registration is the only way to be sure that a puppy is purebred, but the bond that you build with your girl is more important.
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Now, to me (and I'm not an expert) my opinion is it looks more Boston than bulldog from the facial features. But she's still gorgeous none the less.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Your eye is likely to be more tuned in to breed features than mine.
    I would have expected more black on the body from Boston breeding, but if the puppy is crossbred, the white could well be from the other side.
  11. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    That's what I thought.
  12. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Looks Frenchie, not all look alike as with any breed. However, it isn't uncommon to cross Frenchies in Boston in this day and age, so mom could have been a Boston or Boston/Frenchie mix herself.