Breedia's next phase, and our ethos Info

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Azz, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Breedia's next phase, and our ethos

Hi All :039:

Before talking about our next update, I'd like to say a big thank you to all of our regular (and not so regular) members who have made Breedia their go-to dog related forum :) I'm really pleased with how things are going but I'll talk about this more in a bit, but first a quick update...

Breeder's directory

Our next phase is to launch the breeder's directory. If there were no breeders, our breeds would die out - so we need breeders. But not just any old breeders, good breeders.

Our breeder's directory will be different in that breeders will be required to specify which breeder's charter they follow - and outline info about their breeding ethics with their listing if it is a premium one. We think this will help prospective buyers make an informed decision about any breeder they wish to contact.

We will also add a litters register, detailing litters on the ground, and even those that are due or being planned - this is to encourage people to get their names down on lists rather than succumbing to 'free ad' type sites where they can pick up a puppy within a few days. I don't think there are any other sites that has a list of planned matings or litter's due, and I think this will be key to making our directory different, promoting not only more ethical breeding, but a more responsible approach to buying a dog.

We may even add further features, such as allowing people to register their interest per mating, perhaps put them in a provisional queue until the breeder interviews them - but this will be dependent on how successful the directory is as features such as these will be funded by proceeds from the directory (there will be paid premium listings as well as free ones).

I'm excited to see it up and running now :D

Our ethos

As I mentioned at the start of this post, I'm really pleased with how things are going here. We're now seeing search engines index us and people joining as a result. Some have become regulars themselves (welcome to the family!), and we're also getting more and more people joining up to ask a question - and you have all been doing a grand job in sharing your experiences and guidance accordingly. So a big well done to you all :)

I like our ethos as it is today. A site that is looking out for and promoting our breeds, while helping guide those new to breeds (or dogs) on a good, responsible path. Although debate is inevitable, for now, I am glad that we are a friendly community that is trying to do best by dogs and breeds... I certainly see this reflected in our posts anyway. So again, a big well done to you all and thank you for being part of one of the freshest dog related sites out there. With your help and continued support, we can go from strength to strength :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!