British Utonagan Association - May Show pics Photos

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by alady??, Jun 18, 2009.

1. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie

British Utonagan Association - May Show pics

Thought I would share, we had a great day and for once (in Scotland) it was a really beautiful day :grin: :grin:

[​IMG]
    Zulu - First in Ute Maiden Dog

[​IMG]
    Kianna - Best Ute Puppy

[​IMG]
    Scout, Kayno and Arizona

[​IMG]
    Odin ;D

[​IMG]
    Neral family

[​IMG]
    Kayla

[​IMG]
    Kimber and Raven

[​IMG]
    Junior class

[​IMG]
    Rosco (Corbin)

[​IMG]
    First Place in Brace Elaine (Lainyb with Sandra's Tiva and Barbara and Sandy's Faelan

[​IMG]
    Catori

[​IMG]
    Niwin - Best Ute in Show

[​IMG]
    The Pocoloco Family minus 1 with Daddy Cochese..

[​IMG]
    He was help steward all day and slept through it all ;D

[​IMG]
    Best and reserve Inuit Mahlek Olakhota Nokandu and Society’s Choice Orrin @ Pawnee

[​IMG]
    First open Bitch Olakhota Moonchild @ Thistlenook

[​IMG]
    Zero first ink-marked

[​IMG]
    Jim Brown winner of Most Wolfy.

Thank you all everyone for coming it was a brilliant day..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Cracking photos of beautiful dogs :049:. Delighted you had a wonderful day - thanks for sharing :D
    [​IMG]
  4. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Beautiful dogs :grin:
  5. minifoxies

minifoxies New Member

Name:
    Mini Foxies
    Absolutely stunning... thanks for posting.
  6. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Lovely photos and it looks like it was a great day out for all xxx
  7. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Looks like a great day had by all! Congratulations to all the winners.
    Becky
  8. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    Thanks everyone we had a great day, although resembled a tomato the next day lol.
  9. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Fab pictures, really enjoyed them :)
  10. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Great pics - I love Zulu :)
  11. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Zulu is the spit of my Tai, and to a lesser extent, Hal. Does anyone know Zulu's breeding?
  12. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Thank you for posting these lovely photo's. The thing that struck me most was it could have just as easily been a NI show looking at the dogs (i did note some of them are)
    Could you please point out to me the main differences between the two types when you have time as visually its very difficult to tell the difference. I realise they all come from the same dogs origionally but what separates them now.
    Thanks.
  13. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    :grin: Thanks for all your lovely comments.

Gnasher, I take it we have met and you are Tai's Mum?? :grin:

He is from an Engrish Sire and a caddo Bitch, I will be putting his pedigree on our open pedigree bank (BUA forum) as soon as they all stop giving me more work too do...its in my "to do" pile :grin:

Liz, yes some of them are very hard to differentiate (sp?) especially the ones that did have Inuit (olderhill) lines injected pretty recently. The main difference is that the Inuit have stayed within their breeding pool and the Ute didnt. What else was put in in between them splitting and now is quite frankly anyones guess :shock: , Now we have opened the registrations and bringing in GSD and some crosses, as we sorely need to. The NI breed standard allows blue eyes and the BU doesnt, NI allows back dew claws, BU doesnt, infact eventually once we have enough new healthy lines and the injection of, bigger coats, straighter tails, bigger bone, they will in a few years time be a definate difference in look
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
  14. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I heard recently its very difficult to find a vet who will remove dew claws. Are the Ute breeders having any issues with that?
    It may of course just be in certain area's. I'm sure someone on here with a Ute had to go looking for a vet to do it for her litter.
  15. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki

I am indeed Tai's mum ... but can't for the life of me place you, but your lovely dog sure does look like Tai and his predecessor, Hal !
  16. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    You all look like you had a great day in the sunshine, what beautifull looking dogs the all are.

Mandy
  17. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    :grin: Thought it was you, Im Lanie Ravens mummy :grin: :grin: ,

Liz, yes I heard there was problems re dew claws, thankfully our breeders havent had the need to remove any back dew claws in their Utes, they havent had them, I do think its still ok up here with the vets as far as I know will need to ask, One of our breeders does her Bichons herself (with the blessing of her vet), so if we are really stuck she will be busy :grin:
  18. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Hi Lanie ! I personally have never been able to understand why we need to chop dew claws off. I have been told by many many people that dogs can catch them and tear them, but Hal had huge double dew claws on both back legs and lived for 10 years leaping through undergrowth, crops, brambles, blackthorn, hawthorn and never once ripped them or caught them. Neither front nor rear ever caused him any trouble, and to my knowledge none of his children and grandchildren whom I have kept in touch with.

My vet is totally anti the removal of any dewclaws and refuses to do it, as do both practices in our local town.
  19. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    HI

Yes I can see your point, but through personal experience (for my sins a groomer) I have seen so many spaniels that have ripped them off...sometimes even the front, and small breeds like yorkies the dew is so tiny you could quite easily snip through it, they can catch on anything and come off, lhasas and shih-tzus (shih-tzu legend back dews are a sign of good fortune :grin: ) but sometimes the claw is so thick and grows around the pad and then into the pad and you cant get the clippers in behind them...I haev also had to extrude them out of pads as they have curled in and the dumb owner hasnt noticed...sometimes its bloody shocking...anyway excuse the rant there:blush:

Its only through my own experience that I would definately agree with back dew claw removal...anything else removal ie tail, ears snipped etc, for cosmetics I hate!1 but I feel its foe the good of the dogs..

Just my opinion :grin: :grin: How is your lovely boy anyway??
  20. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Good, thanks ! I guess we are all pro or anti a particular procedure according to personal experience. I have never ever experienced any problems at all with dew claws. Were I to, I guess I would revise my opinion maybe.
  21. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Brilliant pics, love the white ute absolutely gorgeous...looked like a lovely day x