Bulldogs - how many types are there? Questions

Discussion in 'Bulldog' started by SLB, Dec 13, 2010.

1. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    so there is MANY VB,s in cheshire? or have you assumed you were actually viewing a true VB? thats where i get the sweeping statement from
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    yes but its not a sweeping statement if they tell me their dog is a victorian bulldog! why should i ASSUME their dog is something else, if they told me the breed it is?
  4. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    I,m very calm trust me i have strong values on my chosen breed though. My only suggestion here is DONT believe all you are told then come on a forum and say YOU HAVE SEEN all these differ type VB,s, there are so many backyard breeders lumping on the VB name to sell their pups, was same in the U.S with Leavitt dogs (originally OEB,s). Call it educational it is not personal by any means and sorry if you took it that way, If you are really interested in the VB as a breed pm me and i,ll help point out what is what.
    peace kinzy
  5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    ohh really didnt know that!
  6. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    I dont come on here regularly due to the nature of somes posts when an alternative bulldog is mentioned in the past they see it as a red cloth to a bull,pardon the pun...Some people are actually genuinely intrigued by the alternative bulldogs, these people i dont mind sharing my information and experiences with then you have others .....YOU KNOW WHO YOUS ARE.....if you need know anything Devildogz feel free to pm me as posts would just be wasted here trying to educate the close minded
  7. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    im genuinely intrigued about them, i dont have a problem with people who own them, want to own them or whatever, like the saying goes each to their own. :grin:
  8. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    good post and if you ever want to know pm away:grin:
  9. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I been looking at Dorset's ,Mollet'sVB's,Leavett's and alapaha's..
    Its a mine field out there ..lol
  10. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    totally agree on the mine field.lol...it would suprise you many people get what they believe to be a VB then they try registering them only to find out the dog has nothing to do with Ken Molletts lines. Its the same when you see adverts for KC Bulldogs but they say they wont be registered, theres only 2 main reasons for that 1 they have been crossed or 2 it is what the KC deem an unethical breeding and not eligible for registrations, its so easy for people to twist the wording of matters
  11. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I been looking at Tony Mollets litters ..so i hope i would be safe lol
  12. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    Ah although victorian bulldogs you will see a differ to my dogs, when new blood required an added i,ve brought in 2 very nice IMO KC Bulldogs, Tony has added new blood too, just not the same so types vary, told you it was complicated.lol
  13. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Indeed.
    .lol
    what do you think of the Sussex bulldogs??
  14. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    Sussex bulldogs are nice just not my cup of tea,on size alone i would class them as mastiff size, we opened a show to them back in 2003 i think it was where Dave Brown rallied about 20 Sussex dogs there, again nice but too big for me personally
  15. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I need to go quite a bit smaller than my Boxers to keep my Mrs happy and Frenchies are out my price range ..lol