Bye bye Pooks Other pets

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by mjfromga, Jun 27, 2016.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Bye bye Pooks

Pooks has been missing for nearly a week. We do not know where she is, nobody has seen her, and we have given up hope that she will ever be seen again. We assume her dead. She has been here over ten years and would not run away or get lost and nobody here would steal a random cat. Bye bye Pooks, wish I knew what happened to you.

005_zpsd1b0dbf1.jpg GEDC3179_zpswgmjhskm.jpg

Nigredo surprisingly doesn't care at all and Jade would not care but Blue, our other cat has been very distressed, meowing and calling and looking for her. She will not find her, and at this point, I don't believe we will either.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Sorry to hear of the loss.

Here is hoping she does show back up.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    So sorry Myra, the not knowing is an awful feeling.
    There could still be a chance for her to reappear though. When we had our last cat, he went missing for several days twice - once when he managed to get himself locked in a barn at the end of haymaking, and again when he got himself nailed underneath a floor that our neighbours were replacing.
    Fingers crossed for a safe reunion.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am really sorry Myra - everything crossed that she will turn up soon, safe an sound.
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    We went to the pound looking for her. She was not there. We really have no idea where she could be. She's never once been gone like this in over ten years. I applied to foster a kitten while at the pound. They will do a home check this weekend. If I pass, I will foster a kitten.
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Oreo, little foster kitten I'm after. If I pass the annoying home check, I will foster him for a while, if Pooks never turns up, I will adopt him altogether. 1622a1bd-82cb-4c1e-85d1-e258e3a24630.jpg
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I passed the home check and I have little Oreo. He's absolutely adorable. He's very playful. He has taken a liking to Nigredo already, very fearless little guy. He's almost 9 weeks but weighs only 1.1 lbs. He's EXTREMELY skinny, I can feel all his bones. I could tell he was underweight because he felt like nothing when I picked him up, but his paws are huge for his size. When I went to pick him out, he was with his siblings, both also quite small but I didn't think anything of it until now. I've got to wonder if the shelter was feeding them. He was absolutely famished and has eaten half a can of food already and still went after my bean casserole.
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Little Oreo is gorgeous - paw pads and tummy just asking for a kiss.

I still hope that Pooks will come strolling in though, and Oreo can not replace her, but in the meantime you have that cute little Oreo to love.
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.

Thank you so much, Malka. I am actually amazed. He is something else! He really loves Nigredo and thinks that he is mommy. He keeps trying to snuggle under Nigredo and "suckle" from him. Nigredo is a lovely boy but he is absolutely bewildered! I want to make sure fat man doesn't accidentally squish Oreo so I'm keeping a close eye (Nigredo would NEVER hurt him on purpose). Oreo then came and slept on my neck/head. I already love him and even if Pooks returns, I am keeping him. He's such an affectionate and confident little man! He follows me with no trouble, and instantly took to climbing the stairs and jumping on the bed. I'm so very happy with him.

Attached Files:

12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    That is such an adorable video clip - Nigredo definitely seems a bit bewildered but he looks as if he is being careful of the tiny tiddler, who seems to have no fear at all of the big furry thing.

I am so glad that you are so happy with Oreo. :)
  13. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.
    He is not at all afraid. I've never quite seen anything like it. This was only his first night here and he was a stray kitten picked up from the streets. I'm glad he seems happy here.
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    mjfromga likes this.
    Lovely video x
  15. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    He's extremely hungry and eats like a starving cat. He also tries to nurse on things. He ate all his food, then he tried to eat from Nigredos bowl. Then, when we went downstairs, he ate all of Blue's food! He also snatched a chicken breast bone off my brother's plate and was quite food aggressive when I took it back. When I opened the fridge, he climbed INSIDE and began to eat off of watermelon. They supposedly had him for quite a while, I wonder why he's just bones and seems starved...
  16. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    6JRT's, CaroleC and Malka like this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He has found comfort in Nigredo... and though Nigredo finds him annoying, he is learning to like the little guy.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga and CaroleC like this.
    Those pictures are sooo cute, and I am sure that if Nigredo was too annoyed he could easily just get up and walk away.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and mjfromga like this.
    Myra, do not give Oreo too much food at any one time. It will be better for his little stomach to have small amounts of food every so often, say every two hours. If he was together with his litter mates at the Pound there was probably just one bowl of food put down between all of them, and either he did not get his share or he had to eat as much and as fast as he could just to survive.
  19. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.
    Yes, thank you Malka. Clearly he was not getting much food at all. The shelter has a reputation for being shabby and has held its two star rating for 15 years. Recently they got so bad another organization took them over, but it seems they still are having issues as nobody really fed Oreo. He's a very confident kitten with a huge appetite and his two siblings were much meeker than him so Im struggling to believe he just didnt get his share.

I really don't believe they were feeding the kittens. I am feeding him many times a day but he seems to NEVER get full. He's worm and parasite negative, he's just very hungry. Admittedly its hard to resist giving him more when you know he ate a ton and doesn't need more but he's cute about things.

Nigredo is confused that this little thing seems to adore him, but he is being very patient with him and when Nigredo had a bout of inverted hiccups, which he has on occasion, Oreo was quick to try and help him. He pounced on Nigredo, which spooked him, and that actually works to stop a bout of those annoying things! Happenstance. I usually get up and cover his nose and that helps stop them.
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    mjfromga likes this.
    To be honest I don't think he's old enough to be away from his mum, he looks more like a 5 week old kitten not a 9 week old kitten
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    mjfromga likes this.
    He is very sweet, and I love the name Oreo. Suits him perfectly.