Calling all Dobermann owners out there! General Chat

Discussion in 'Dobermann' started by Dobionekenobi, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    KarenT11 likes this.

Calling all Dobermann owners out there!

As i have recently joined the club i thought i would say hi! :039:
    How many other dobey owners do we have on here? I want to hear all about your dobes and see some piccies! Now i just have to work out how to post my own!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
  4. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    We had a Dobe when I was growing up :grin: he was a lovely dog, but very dominant and always got into scraps with other dogs, and on a few occasions ran off and returned the next day :shock: He was a naughty little sod, if he got the smell of a bitch in heat he was off.

I remember how much he used to love running - he would run rings around the park and dart straight at you then move at the last second :lol:

I also remember how he bit one of my sister's friends bum once :shock: :lol: She had her friends in the front room and two of them were scared of dogs, so my sister took Max in to see them :roll: a couple were screaming and decided to make a sharp exit through the window... that's when Max nipped her on the bum - naughty dog :blush:

Apart from his naughty streak, he was actually very intelligent and loving :lol:
  5. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Aww Sookie looks lovely!

To post a pic directly, just right click it to get it's url - then paste that inside [noparse][​IMG][/noparse]

Eg:
    [noparse][​IMG][/noparse]
  6. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Ah! thanks Azz!! That's what i tried to do next but didn't seem to be able to preview it to check it was right! LOL
    So here goes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hi Sarah - you're almost there :lol:

You have put in the URL from the address bar? You need the one of the picture itself, which you get by right clicking the image, and getting 'image url' (and copying and pasting that into the IMG tags)

I think Flickr can be a pain sometimes so you might want to try www.photobucket.com as they include the img tag ready for you to copy and paste into forums :)
  8. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I have 3 of the cheeky monkeys
    Syd is nearly 8. Rio nearly 7 and Milan is 5
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photobucket is horrible at the minute and I can't find any decent photo's, it's taking forever to find anything.
  9. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Lovely photos Shirley! That's exactly the sort of field we used to take Max - do your lot do the funny darting at you and missing you at the last minute thing too? :lol:

Wonder if it's a Dobe thing, I've only ever seen them do it :101:
  10. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    They seem to have grown out of to be honest but that could be because they are very careful around the pugs. Syd used to be an absolute swine for it, and me moving aside meaning straight into his path as he went to swerve at the last minute left me with ligament damage and crippled me for best part of a year. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
  11. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 New Member

Name:
    jayne
    here's opie :grin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Ouch! Reminds me of when Rocky was playing and just ran straight into me - he probably thought I'm not swerving you move out of my way! I didn't - and I went flying :lol:

Opie looks great! What a cool name :mrgreen:
  13. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    LMAO here we go again but now from Photobucket!!!!

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
  14. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Azz - he sounds like a very naughty boy ;) But an adorable one!

Trouble - your 3 are STUNNING! I was very tempted to wait for a brown dobe but then fell in love with Sookie.

Tattogirl73 - Loving Opie in his hat!!!!

It's really lovely to see both your dogs with other smaller dogs. We have two terriers (as you can see in the picture) and a lot of people seem to think we are daft getting a bigger dog to go with them.
  15. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 New Member

Name:
    jayne
    i find that opie gets on better with smaller dogs, hence us getting a toy poodle in a couple of weeks :grin:
  16. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    LOL well so far Sookie is loving the terriers but has got one well with other big dogs such as my mother in laws giant poodle and Irish Wolfhound!!!!! We have a play date on Saturday with an 8 month old GSD which we're really looking forward to.
  17. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    You poor thing! I think i posted elsewhere that we're not lucky with legs and dogs in our family either. I broke my ankle in 2 places just by tripping over the terriers and my Mother in Law had her hip smashed to smithereens when her Irish Wolfhound ran into her. He was only 6 months old at the time!!!!
  18. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Wouldn't change the mad b*ggers for anything though :lol:
  19. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    That's what i like to hear :)
  20. madisondobie

madisondobie New Member

Name:
    madisondobie
    Sookie is so cute, such a sweet face she has.

I have two Dobermann, Madison is 9 years old and Mertha (Merf) is 14 months.

Madison and Babushka(Rip)
    [​IMG]
    Madison and Bindi (Rip)
    [​IMG]
    At agility
    [​IMG]
    Madison, Jessie and Daisy
    [​IMG]
    Merf with her brothers and sisters
    [​IMG]
    Madison and Merf
    [​IMG]
    Madison, Merf and their friend Gertie
    [​IMG]
    Merf
    [​IMG]
    With Pheonix, jessie and lilly
    [​IMG]
    With Tara and Saffie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Madison on her 9th birthday
    [​IMG]
    Merf likes to join in too
    [​IMG]

Sorry got carried away with the pictures :grin: Love my dobies, even though Merf did manage to take my legs out on a rather muddy hill the other week - in front of other walkers too :blush:

I wanted another brown and waited a year and a half for a pup from Merfs breeder but when pups were born there were 3 black girls and only 1 brown but 6 brown boys!!! brown girl went to a show home as did the other girls so i had Merf i didn't find out til the day i went to collect her as the show owner had first choice between Merf and the brown girl and didn't choose til the saturday morning and i picked Merf up in the afternoon !- she chose me at 5 weeks though as she was the one sitting on my lap when i visited guess it was meant to be :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
  21. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Oh madisondobie those are stunning!!!! The more photos, the better!
    They both look like such happy healthy dobes. Oh i wish you were all nearer! I would love Sookie to meet some grown up dobes -i haven't seen any around us for years!