Campaign to cut number of Greyounds put to down Discussions

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by kath&rob, May 23, 2010.

1. kath&rob

kath&rob New Member

Name:
    Kath

Campaign to cut number of Greyounds put to down

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    I don't think realistically that racing will ever be banned or cease, it will just be done illegally with worse consequences. The industry needs stricter controls and legislation and for the owner to be made responsible for the dog when it has stopped racing.
  4. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ
    Where do those figures Greyhound Action quote actually come from? Just because they say a figure why are people supposed to take it as the truth.
  5. kath&rob

kath&rob New Member

Name:
    Kath
    I suggest you take a look at

http://www.greytexploitations.com/

You will find most of the answers there.

Kathx
  6. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ
    Thanks Kath,

but the articles on greytexploitations and figures quoted are written by Trudy Baker and only offer a one sided view. I have no interest in sites such as this as I believe people are entitled to an honest and balanced view.

Having read all the comments posted by others with regards to the article it would appear it's not quite as clear cut as Greyhound Action and Greytexploitations would like people to believe.

Kath out of interest have you ever researched for yourself the truth about greyhound racing, or are you purely going on what you have read on sites such as those mentioned above?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
  7. kath&rob

kath&rob New Member

Name:
    Kath
    I have now started to do some research of my own, I will let you know when I have all the information gathered together.

Kathx