Can someone tell me what markings/colors my dog is? Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by gunner2017, Mar 18, 2017.

1. gunner2017

gunner2017 New Member

Name:
    Hunt L.

Can someone tell me what markings/colors my dog is?

Hello,

I want to see if someone can tell me how to describe the colors and markings of my pup. He is a 9 month old GSP GWP cross. Attached is a pic of him from a couple months back.

I believe he is Liver & White Patched & Ticked but I would appreciate some input.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    It will be on his registration, surely your breeder gave you the correct description
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    @Jackie - but if the pup is a cross, would the breeder have registration papers?
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    He is a beautiful dog and has beautiful markings. I don't know the correct description for them, but what you said makes sense.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What a good looking puppy. I would describe him a liver and white ticked, but I'm not in the breed. Try looking at the description of colours in either of the two breed standards. Are you in the USA? The wording may be slightly different for the UK or USA standards.
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Why would a mixed breed dog come with papers? And who is to say the dog came from a "breeder"? If he's mixed breed, maybe they had an accidental mating etc.
  8. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Cute dog, liver and roan is the color/markings.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I would expect a roan to have all over intermingled hairs rather than ticking, but like I said, wording can be different in the USA.
  10. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Never thought of that, I know here it is called that with GSP. The dog is roan with liver patches, but I am not familiar with other countries marking labeling. LOL here even different registries could have different color/marking for the same breed.
  11. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    I can see your dilemma, I couldn't even hazard a guess on that one sorry, amazing looking dog though.
  12. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    What a handsome dog. I would call it liver roan. What colour are his parents?