Cats Problem - advice? Behaviour

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Eden99, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Eden99

Eden99 New Member

Name:
    Eden

Cats Problem - advice?

Hello,
    My Malinois is currently 1 year and 3 months old, and he is very aggressive towards cats.
    I know it's a given and understandable, but I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with this kind of behavior, and knows something about tuning it down.

I live in a neighborhood where there is lots of stray cats, but it's a nice place for jogging, and would be perfect for him (he is already trained for walking and jogging on a leash).
    He also tends to bark at them in the middle of the night, which is already a public nuiscnce (made things uncomfortable with neighbors, but whatever).

I understand that he isn't a puppy anymore, it can be impossible to get him to be entirely calm around cats.
    If you have any tips or other advice about dealing with stray cats I would really appreciate that.
    In the meantime he does get exercise, training and play time on a daily basis:

We take him to a fenced soccer field, when it's available, to run, or the beach if we can. Trips 3+ time a day, and personal training routine with me and my brother (the rest the family is less involved with his training).
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello there,
    Welcome to Breedia! :039:Not my field I don't have experience here. Hopefully, someone will come to this thread and you will not be forgotten. :D
    Jane
    xx
    P.S. I'm sure someone will have some advice we tend to get it sorted out around here.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee