CBD Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by GsdSlave, Jun 29, 2017.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee

CBD

Heiko has been getting a bit stiff lately some days worse than others, vet diagnosed arthritis, but after further tests discovered his kidneys were borderline, so advised not to give NSAIDs

Have been doing some research on CBD (legal cannabidiol ) and it seems a safer option.
    Haven’t discussed it with vet yet but
    Has anyone ever used this on their dogs, if so what were the results.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    GsdSlave likes this.
    I am sorry to hear about Heiko and hope he is not in too much pain.

Quite a few people on the Epi List give it to their dogs, but for epilepsy and not arthritis. Some think it is a magic bullet, others say they have seen no different but might keep trying.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Thanks Malka, he’s not too bad at the moment, I just want something ‘for as and when needed, im going to try turmeric to see if that helps.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Just wanted to say sorry that Heiko isn't well. I hope you find something to help him.
    Golden paste seems to be the standard non NSAID recommendation. Will let you know if I hear anything though.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    GsdSlave likes this.
    I used to give Pereg [human] Glucosamine & Chondroitine with MSM, and Sea Mussel Extract, mainly as a preventative due to her propensity to gain weight. Now I give Tikva a combined canine Hip and Joint supplement - also as a preventative because of the way she rushes around and has a habit of standing, walking and jumping on her hind legs so she can see more.

It is getting late so in the morning I will check on iHerb to see if/what pain-killers they have for dogs. Of course human homeopathic products can also be given to dogs, such as arnica.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have not found any canine specific pain-killers on iHerb - all that come up are human homeopathic remedies which I know are suitable for dogs. I usually stick to brands that I know for vitamins for both myself and my dogs - even the supplements Pereg needed to help support her liver from possible damage from the Phenobarbitone she had to take. Also which brands of homeopathic pills.

Tikva also has some human vitamins but mostly she has canine-specific ones and supplements, and the reason I gave/give them is because I am a raw feeder and want to make sure she has everything she needs.

I would have no hesitation in giving her Arrnica Montana if I thought she was in pain.