CH FT CH on pedigree Working Dogs

Discussion in 'Cocker Spaniel' started by Baileys Blind, May 7, 2012.

1. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    So Ch Pennylock Quin is ALSO a FT Ch?

How many FT Ch are there in WSS?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    You know what I meant he's got the working champion title so he's a full champion in the breed. We're rightly proud of the fact out breed in dual purpose and despite the docking ban we don't have a defined split.
  4. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    A dual champion is one that has TWO titles ie Champion and FT Ch, Ag Ch, WT Ch etc

This is vastly different to making a Sh Ch into a Champion.

We're rightly proud of the fact that Weimaraners are dual purpose and despite the docking ban we don't have a defined split too. ;)

We have several Champions but no dual ones.
  5. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    How many Welsh Springers are working at Field Trial level/have gained FT CH?
  6. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    We dont compete at field trials we have the working gundog cert instead. I'm not sure but think its because we're classed as a minor spaniel breed.
  7. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Penny Pickstone would likely disagree within you! ;)
  8. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Any gundog breed can compete in field trials...
  9. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Well we have made up two FT Ch in the breed and several Champions, none of which have been from her breeding or handling though! ;)
  10. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Not sure we can get the title though we compete for the working gundog cert.
  11. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    But the Working Gundog Certificate is not a competitive event is it?

You just get tested against a predetermined criteria and you are either awarded it (on dummies or game) or not.
  12. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Yes i still thought we couldnt compete and be awarded FTCH.
  13. spaniel04

spaniel04 New Member

Name:
    H
    Welsh springer spaniels can take part in either a minor breed trial or a novice AV trial (not that I have ever seen one running in an AV trial). Open stakes are either for ESS or cockers, there are no open stakes for the minor breeds. That means a Welsh springer spaniel can't be awarded the title FTCH, because no matter how many novice trials it wins there are no open stakes to progress to and as Smokeybear already stated, a dog needs to win two open stakes to be awarded the title of FTCH.
  14. Baileys Blind

Baileys Blind New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Sooooooo . . . .

Is the title on her pedigree wrong then? :lol:
  15. spaniel04

spaniel04 New Member

Name:
    H
    I personally think it is wrong. My knowledge of showing dogs is absolutely zilch but I think a working cocker would not last two seconds in the show ring, unless it was game keeper's class at crufts. I have a cocker from those same lines, he is by Maesydderwen Scimitar out of a Rowston bitch, Ginger Imp of Rowston is there in his pedigree, and as gorgeous as he is, a show dog he definitely ain't.
    But you could always email the Rowston kennels and ask. :grin:
  16. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Fank you.
    I think the working owners concentrate on the working Gundog Cert as they can't get the award they don't seem to bother. I know that a couple of the dogs took part in the Beta Gundog trials a few years back though.
  17. spaniel04

spaniel04 New Member

Name:
    H
    If you mean the Beta Gundog Weekend, those are tests not trials. :p
    I go to spectate at a lot of the minor breed spaniel trials and sometimes I do a bit of stewarding, and i honestly wish more handlers would come forward and run their dogs, be it clumbers, fieldies, Sussex or Welshies. These trials are run on fabulous grounds on some very prestigious shoots, and are very well organised. Unfortunately I always see the same handlers with the same dogs. I can see the KC pulling the plug on these minor breed trials one day because of lack of interest. Which would be a great shame and could have an adverse effect on these breeds.
    Sorry, apologies to the OP, this is now completely off topic.:blush:
  18. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Both the welsh and the main breed club rum working weekends and organise tests etc, but your right it is the minority that work and only about a dozen show as well.
  19. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay

He's not a KC Ch this is how he is recorded at the KC
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
  20. spaniel04

spaniel04 New Member

Name:
    H
  21. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    LOL I did correct my post you will note-I have no idea what sex this dog is Obviously FT Ch are not recorded on the health database-noticeable that she's not health tested