Clumber Spaniel Discussions

Discussion in 'Clumber Spaniel' started by Discussion Thread, May 8, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Clumber Spaniel

Clumber Spaniel
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. clumberx1

clumberx1 New Member

Name:
    polly
    Well i feel like a right billy no mates! ...is there anybody there :)lol
  4. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    I think they are crackin dogs looks wise. My favourite of all the spaniels. Must say I am under the impression they are not the healthiest of dogs. Drooping eyes, hip displacia etc.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as if I am this means I could add them to my I want list for the future.
  5. Stevel

Stevel New Member

Name:
    Steve
    There are many Clumbers with exaggerated haw and really messy eyes. I always feel very sorry for them. Hip scores are notoriously high also.

However there are people doing a sterling job of trying to eradicate these and other health matters in the Clumber.

Personally, because mine are used for beating etc. I prefer the tighter eyed, lighter boned lines, but as I said that is my preference with no reflection on other peoples views.

Here's one of mine

[​IMG]

Steve
  6. clumberx1

clumberx1 New Member

Name:
    polly
    i've only had my pup for a few days and didnt know anything about clumbers till my hubby came home with him, he is from show parents the breeders are trying to breed out the exaggerated haw and they all have good hip scores, its maybe not the type i would of gone for given a choice but he is wonderful with a lovely kind calm happy temperment. (so far lol)
  7. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    Steve. Does the breeder have a website? Your dogs sound nice healthy ones.

Ellie
  8. pam2

pam2 New Member

Name:
    Pam
    I'd love a clumber, but they do seem hard to find, and like a lot of breeds, they do seem to have some health problems.
    Stevel, what a stunning dog, just gorgeous!
  9. Stevel

Stevel New Member

Name:
    Steve
    The breeder only had two litters from her working bitch and only breeds (trial type springers normally) when it is beneficial to her line.I was lucky enough to have one from each litter. She doesn't breed for the pound notes and is very careful as to where her pups go..

If you are interested in clumbers I could highly recommend Jackie Crawford of Abbeyford Clumbers at http://www.abbyford.co.uk/.

By the way, the photo on the home page of the clumber retrieving is mine taken at Minor Breds Trial.

Steve