CSV (Czechoslovakian Wolfdog) vs GSD Discussions

Discussion in 'Czechoslovakian Wolfdog' started by STGSD, Jul 10, 2012.

1. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah

CSV (Czechoslovakian Wolfdog) vs GSD

Ok so i'm not likely to be in the position to add to my 'pack' any time soon, but i'm bored and this is a thread I (and another!) wanted to start!

Before I got Zephyr I discovered the CSV and was very interested... but the GSD has always been my passion and there was a lot to be learnt of the CSV so I went with my first choice. I have been researching the breed ever since and would love to meet more CSV's to get a better idea of what they are truly like. I like what a see/hear so far and came close to rehoming (what was highly likely to be a CSV or X of) a female just before getting Zeus, didn't work out as the rescue centre held back on mixing her with Zeph who she didn't like in the end! Other than that she came across as a lovely dog, I imagined doing a lot with her, very strong, agile and fast!

Anywho I also aim to own a WL GSD someday and wonder how the CSV compares to the GSD... I adore both breeds for much of the same reasons. I wonder how similar they are, or not, drives, loyalty etc etc.

I look forward to replies.. oh and please post pics :) If anyone knows of CSV owners in the South West it would be great to meet them!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I wonder who the other interested party that you speak of could possibly be?? :017: :017: :017:

:005: :lol: :005: :lol:
  4. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  5. obbie

obbie New Member

Name:
    Chris
    I would also like to read this thread for the same reason.
    I would like a CSV when the time to add to my group comes, but the more I look at the GSD's, Mals and the Dutch Herder the more I like the look of them.
    I enjoy taking part in Obedience I'm very new to the sport but would like to progress through the classes, with a breed I enjoy.
    I doubt very much I will ever become a good enough trainer to get to Crufts, but a boy can dream.
  6. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Oooh yes Dutch Herder's are stunning :007: Definitely appeal to me!
  7. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
  8. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Heey! Any input?!
  9. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    The major difference to me would be access to a good breeder....Unless you fancy a trip to Bulgaria of course ..lol
  10. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Definitely a good point!
  11. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    I'm in the same boat as you looked into breeders a while back, not really in a position at the moment to take on another dog so it's all on the back burner for now :)

I would want to meet a few csv's too before I make the decision, and to hear about what they are like personality wise too. One worry for me would be shyness - my dogs need to deal with strangers coming and going all day everyday, and traveling to new places all the time. I'm also not sure I could be bothered with all the "wolf" questions we'd get, OH has had problems in the past with random members of the public taking issue with his DWA licence. I know you don't need one for a csv but people will still question.....

Then where are all the good breeders? None in the UK! Do I really want to import a dog?

I love Moobli's Zak though, not sure I can see past him, and if I took on another dog it would be to do something like wt with, again how would a csv compare to a gsd?

Questions questions! :mrgreen:
  12. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They'd certainly make a good pair!!
  13. obbie

obbie New Member

Name:
    Chris
    With the new import regs it is easier than it ever has been in my lifetime to import.
    Also for at least 1 of the other breeds I mentioned it would be a good idea to import.
  14. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    Yes one of each that will solve the dilemma! :lol: :mrgreen:

Oh damn OH and his need for gun dogs :005:
  15. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    Yes easier but not as easy as waiting for a decent breeder in the UK. I would probably want to meet the parents too, not quite as easy when they are in Europe! :lol:
  16. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    True. Although the idea of importing does seem a little daunting to me as I wouldn't have a clue where to start lol! I don't think i'd want to be buying a pup from a UK breeder though .
  17. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    The sire of Wylie (Tupacs pup) is a stunning dog.
  18. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    LOL damn my OH and his lack of need for more dogs haha!

Yep, plus it would be nice to visit before making the decision and before taking pup home etc..
  19. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Who would that be?? And where is that Wylie?? Haven't seen enough of him lol!
  20. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    I think she is having Internet problem just now. If you search for her "Easter puppy" thread his pic is on there. Wylies breeder used to live just down the road from me! It's a small world eh.
  21. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Wylies breeder is a member on here ....Wylies looking good ...