Da Bubba has had another shot General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.

Da Bubba has had another shot

Ram came round this afternoon for Tikva's three-monthly Parkworm shot. She was also due for a six-monthly Drontal Plus pill. The thing about the Parkworm shot is that it has to go by her weight, so Ram weighed himself, hoiked up Tikva, and got her weight.

5 kilos 500g. And yet three months ago she was 6 kilos. But he gave her a good check and even though she does not have any fat on her, she is rock solid muscle and bones. Just the skinniest little pup ever. And so very strong. He actually commented on how thin she is but he is more happy that she is thin rather than overweight, as so many of his clients are.

He checked her ears, her mouth and big white teeth [and she did not bite him!] - chest and heart sounds perfect B"H and she got a 100% OK. Well, she will need another Parkworm shot in another three months but I will have to check when her next booster is due.

It just does not seem possible to get everything together, booster [yearly], Drontal [six monthly], and now this Parkworm shot [three monthly]. And not forgetting the yearly rabies shot about four weeks after the yearly booster.

Such a lot for a little bubbie but good that she has such regular health checks. And good that she is now so used to being examined from top to tail. And so perfect for me that I do not have to take her to the surgery - and Tikva is happy being examined and jabbed at home.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Can you imagine how difficult it would be for me to take Tikki to the surgery? OK so I had to take Pereg every three months for blood work-up but somehow I coped, only it was until nearly two years ago - or was it? But it was so difficult and yet she was so good.

Yes I was too old to cope with Pereg but I did. So why did I end up with a three-week old puppy for?

I guess she needed me.

Ram thinks Tikva is adorable. And I think he might be right!
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    5kg is good weight for year old pup tha'ts cross between Dachshund & Minpin as a fully grown Doxie-Pin can weigh between 6 to 15 pounds. [according to the Doxie-pin owners club page]
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    5½ kilos at 18 months old - and the skinniest pup ever! Ram checked her all over and was going - thin, thin, thin, - but then OK, thin but healthy. And when she took a flying leap on him he was convinced how strong she is!

But she has such solid muscles and is so active and I am far happier at her skinny weight than her dam, a standard Doxie, who was the biggest and most obese one I had ever seen. She was humungous even nursing eight pups.

I am so grateful that I have a healthy skinnikins!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Incidentally Michal was weighed both herself and the tiddler and down on the same scales on the same floor tile. So whether they are perfectly totally perfect really does matter as long as Tikva was weighed in the same place each time. This was after she was small enough to be weight in a bowl in my kitchen scales.

And I went @ss over tip in the ensuite when I got the scales out from under the cupboard to put them on the correct tile. Thankfully it was before Ram came here!