Death at 11 weeks General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Anna28, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Anna28

Anna28 New Member

Name:
    Anna

Death at 11 weeks

Hi guys. I'm just wanting a bit of advise on where I stand with a kc registered breeder who sold me a poorly puppy. She sadly passed away in the vets at 11 weeks old. She had a grade 5 heart murmur, liver failure, anemia and finally a chest infection oh sorry and fluid around her organs. I got her at 8 weeks and 4 days old. She was always much slower than her sister, ( i purchased two) never had any energy and was a bit smaller in size. I took her into the vets as she was seizing on the less than two weeks after I brought her home. The vet had her on a drip and all kinds of medication. They asked me if I bought her from a puppy farm she was in such a state after doing their test. No I did not I got her from a KC registered breeder in St Helen's. I'm so angry at this breeder, I asked her if she could help and for the insurance policy number so I could take her to the vet. She hadn't set it up so convinced me she was okay. Just needed rest, she told me she had conjunctivitis. Obviously this was to hold me up taking her in. She didn't get any better over night, I pestered and persterd for the policy detail, eventually she sent them over I took my baby into the vets even against her advise. What breeder would advise a new dog owner not to go to the vets? My puppy never came home. The breeder will not respond to any of my messages or calls :(
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am very sorry to hear about your poor puppy, losing her so very young and so soon after you had brought her home. Did she come with any official KC papers? If so, is it possible to contact the KC about the breeder? I am afraid I would not know but hopefully other more experienced people will be able to advise you about that.

How is the other puppy doing? And have you taken her to the vet for a check-up to make sure she is OK?

Such a terrible thing to have happened.
  4. Anna28

Anna28 New Member

Name:
    Anna
    Thank you for your lovely reply. Yes my other pup is fine, I have all her papers so my next step was to call the KC they said I just have to make a complaint about the breeder. Not very helpful. I'm hoping someone might know what to do.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Anna28 and CaroleC like this.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am so sorry to read of your experience. We are always advising people to buy from a caring breeder, so it is more than disappointing when things go wrong, like this. I do not understand why she will not discuss the matter with you, most breeders are very concerned about their bloodline, and their babies.
    When you say a KC registered breeder, are we talking about the official London/Aylesbury KC that runs Crufts? The reason I ask is that there are other 'kennel clubs' which are used by dealers and puppy farmers to register their stock. The certificates from these people are usually headed something along the lines of, The Dog Lovers Registration Club', and have nothing to do with the official KC. If this is the case, it is likely that you would have to go through the courts to get redress. These cases are all too common, and I would advise consulting Trevor Cooper at Dog Law - I believe that he does telephone consultations.
    Because of her behaviour, it is not likely that this person is a registered member of the KC Assured Breeder Scheme (ABS). In the unlikely event that she was registered with the ABS, your best route would have been to contact the Kennel Club at the London address.
    Does this person show her dogs? If so, her puppies must be registered with the real KC, and it might still be worth asking their advice. Also, if she is the member of a Breed Club, she is likely to have signed a Code of Ethics before joining, which may be a point of leverage. It may be worth you contacting the Secretary or the Chairman of the Midland and Northern Counties French Bulldog Club, to see if she is a member - or whether they know anything about this person.
    I wish I could do more to help. People like this are not true dog enthusiasts. I hope you are able to get compensated for your loss.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry, posts crossed, I see that you have spoken to the KC.
    It is looking like the legal route.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    KC registration gives the general public the impression that they are buying quality, when it’s not the case as they still register puppies from puppy farms.

Quote The Kennel Club does not register breeders, and therefore we are not able to become involved in disputes arising from the purchase of a dog.
    Your rights as a purchaser are going to be based upon the contract with the breeder. The sale of a dog might be covered under the general terms of the Sales of Goods Act 1979 and as such there will be legal rights and remedies available.
    http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/get...ing-the-right-breeder/where-not-to-buy-a-dog/

Quote By contrast, the Kennel Club's puppy registration system is a record of births only. The Kennel Club has no statutory powers and is not a law enforcement agency; local authorities and the RSPCA are charged with the task of monitoring and taking action against unscrupulous breeders. However, should there be a conviction under the Animal Welfare Act against a breeder, then this is a legitimate ground for scrutiny under the Kennel Club's disciplinary procedure and to consider disqualification from future registration. http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/our...ue-statements/puppy-farming-what-the-kc-does/
  9. Anna28

Anna28 New Member

Name:
    Anna
    CaroleC likes this.
    This info is amazing thank you so much. As far as I can see it's a KC pedigree form. Is there any way I can send you a pic? I obviously don't want it made public just yet. I personally think these pups were farmed and popped in the house are sold as home breeder. Just the things she said to me and a few contradictions between her and her partner. Obviously I didn't notice them at the time, I was given two different post codes, one when I asked to view them, I didn't make that day so just went on the day we collected them, this was a different post code. I have all her messages which should help. She also advertised them as 5 generation and there's only 4 on the pedigree, luckily my younger sister is a lawyer, she said the breeder is in breach of her own contract as the add does not coralate with the purchase (my pup) sisters words (If they haven't complied with what they Stated on the advertisement then they have misrepresented their consideration provided in the contract). The breeder also told me her brother had 11 frenchie, I can only imagine what for. It's all very suspicious. Thank you so much for your help. It's very much appreciated.
  10. Anna28

Anna28 New Member

Name:
    Anna
    This info is amazing thank you so much. As far as I can see it's a KC pedigree form. Is there any way I can send you a pic? I obviously don't want it made public just yet. I personally think these pups were farmed and popped in the house are sold as home breeder. Just the things she said to me and a few contradictions between her and her partner. Obviously I didn't notice them at the time, I was given two different post codes, one when I asked to view them, I didn't make that day so just went on the day we collected them, this was a different post code. I have all her messages which should help. She also advertised them as 5 generation and there's only 4 on the pedigree, luckily my younger sister is a lawyer, she said the breeder is in breach of her own contract as the add does not coralate with the purchase (my pup) sisters words (If they haven't complied with what they Stated on the advertisement then they have misrepresented their consideration provided in the contract). The breeder also told me her brother had 11 frenchie, I can only imagine what for. It's all very suspicious. Thank you so much for your help. It's very much appreciated.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Unfortunately we cannot Private Message on this site. Do you know anyone with a genuinely registered KC dog, so that you can compare your reg. docs. with theirs?
    I agree, that the facts are suspicious, and I hope your sister can help you to lodge a claim. It may not heal your heart, but it is only by hitting their pockets that these people will ever be persuaded to behave ethically.
    I hope the sister puppy continues to thrive. Do let us know how you go on.