Deciding on getting a Malinois Discussions

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Trishiau, Sep 2, 2017.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Yes the mixing of German Shepherds, Malinois, and Dutch shepherds is used by working line breeders.Many are used by KNPV, They label the dog by appearances. If it's brindle, it's a xDutch, if it's fawn, it's xMalinois.The KNPV dogs don’t have an FCI or official pedigree.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trishiau

Trishiau New Member

Name:
    Trish
    Oh wow, interesting! Learning a lot from you guys. I tried uploading the pedigree but can't. I don't know how to make sense of it. Maybe that's why her face is so much slimmer than his?
  4. Trishiau

Trishiau New Member

Name:
    Trish
    Ok, so how about the sable color? Where does that come from? That's what dad is and what we're hoping for now.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    I believe this is the pedigree
    http://belgianmalinoisshepherdpuppies.weebly.com/uploads/6/5/8/8/65885493/bees_pedigree.pdf Quote )BRN 4182 | Remi (Dhr. J.toebast, Wezep) KNPV Policedog I 433) So there is KNVP lines in there.

This is the breeder I Think.
    http://belgianmalinoisshepherdpuppies.weebly.com/
    Click on links above
    Sire and am I presume. http://belgianmalinoisshepherdpuppies.weebly.com/our-dogs.html
  6. Trishiau

Trishiau New Member

Name:
    Trish
    That's them
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    There is not much info on the site and I see the dam also had a litter on the 01/21/2017 Her stud dogs )Hip: Not known - Elbows: Not known, so am guessing they don’t health test, I would ask lots of questions before going ahead.
  8. Trishiau

Trishiau New Member

Name:
    Trish
    Is that a known issue with Mals?
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    I dont know if its a big problem or not but reputable breeder’s health test.
    I also see that all puppies are to be sold with NO papers.
    The basic tests recommended
    Hips, Elbows and Eyes.
    If you Google health tests for malinois you will see.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    No papers? I hope no pedigree prices in that case.
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Price is $ 900
    Quite honestly its beginning to sound like a BYB, the bitch was born in 2015 and has already had 2 litters this year, plus no health tests, no pedigrees and advertising as Mals when they are not purebred.
  12. Trishiau

Trishiau New Member

Name:
    Trish
    It says you can AKC register them through the site. We aren't that concerned about all of this, I mean health issues yeah (but I've never had that as this is my first breeder) but as far as being pure, purebred we aren't going to be showing or competing so not sure it really matters. The price for the pups is way more reasonable than other breeders so we can't be too choosy.
  13. Trishiau

Trishiau New Member

Name:
    Trish
    I trust my husband's judgement as he personally worked with them for 9 years in the military. They clearly state on the site that they are hobby breeders so we already knew that. Thanks for the input though.
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    OK. This is the UK, so things may be different, but I presume the AKC must have something like our KC Activity register, which does not necessarily require full pedigree details to be provided, as it really only confers an authority to compete in KC Canine Sports competition. However, as the pedigree details seem to be publicly available on the net, why would they withhold a signed copy?
    I am not being snobbish here, as my senior dog is a performance Beagle who is registered on the Activity register because he came through a rescue centre.
    The litter looks clean, chubby and contented, and should have good working ability. Though I share GsdSlave's concerns, I am sure your husband will enjoy training his puppy, and I wish you a healthy, happy dog.
  15. Michael Podolsky

Michael Podolsky New Member

Name:
    Michael Podolsky
    Hi, new to this forum , i have just purchased my first belgian malinois . By no means am i new to high focus/ energy breeds. I have always had working border collies . having said that i was just curious if anyone had any one had any advice on moving into this new breed. I am not looking to raise a guard and or attack dog . My dogs regularly come with me hunting fishing running biking hiking swiming etc. any and all advice and help is appreciated.