Difference between these dogs? Questions

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by AnotherWorldLine, Aug 6, 2014.

1. AnotherWorldLine

AnotherWorldLine New Member

Name:
    Bowen

Difference between these dogs?

Hi, I was wondering what the difference between the German Spitz, Japanese Spitz, Indian Spitz, and American Eskimo was, in terms of appearance and temperament? They all look like the same dog to me!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. AnotherWorldLine

AnotherWorldLine New Member

Name:
    Bowen
    And Pomeranians and Volpino Italianos and Samoyeds...Do they just all come from the same gene pool? If thats the case, should they all have similiar temperaments and appearances?
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    You will generally find breeds of a certain type are related, but they have been bred for specific purposes - so while some might look the same, their may be nuances in their character or appearance, such as size, weight, power, speed, agility etc.

Have a read of the profiles tagged as Spitz in our profiles :) http://www.breedia.com/dogs/spitz-breeds
  5. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    I'm embarrassed to say I've never heard of half these dogs mentioned,and the hounds on Katie's thread.think I need to do some research!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    fieldy likes this.
    This is probably the main reason I like Breedia so much. Because I am able to learn from each breed section more than I was ever able to learn before. Here it is all in one place and easy to check.

And I am not embarrassed to say that in the short time that Breedia has been up and running it has introduced me to breeds that I too had never heard if before,
  7. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    Your absolutely right.to be honest I haven't yet looked at doggy,and I don't think I'll bother as I'm quite happy hear