Do you work your working dog? Discussions

Discussion in 'Working Dogs Forum' started by Alphatest, Feb 13, 2011.

1. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Jake is gorgeous :grin:

I do obedience and HTM with Zymi but don't have any pictures well I do but they are professional so I don't have copyright.

Cava does mainly what he likes but has recently gone into hypnosis:lol:

[​IMG]

Not sure who is hypnotising who though:roll:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    Found some old photos of Corrie - ferreting in April.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helen
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Beautiful photos. The dogs look very at home on the moor.
  5. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    no, bullmastiffs were bred as a game keepers assistant but dont seam to see them do it, and as im cant train her to stay ild have no hope with a days work. although phoebes mum was a security patrole dog with my brother and did a very good job but hes on gsds now
  6. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    It is great fun and fantastic when you have good scores as the marking is extremely details with each exercise and PART of the exercised marked as:

not existing
    insufficient
    sufficient
    good
    very good
    excellent

as well as the score for each section and overall score.

Courage is also marked as either "existing" or "pronounced"

Before you can compete your dog must have passed a BH (Begleithunde) to demonstrate you have control over your dog, it is similar to the Gold Good Citizen Test with obedience and is marked in two sections, obedience and then the traffic test. If you do not pass the first section you cannot enter the second.

There is now a theory test as well which has to be sat by all those hanlders who have not passed a BH previously with another dog.
  7. Abbey

Abbey New Member

Name:
    Wendy
    Oh my goodness...she is lovely - they are very alike arent they?
  8. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    They are but I bet Jake is better behaved that Corrie! lol

Helen
  9. winstoncaesar

winstoncaesar New Member

Name:
    Sandy
    Hi Ive got 2 Springers . One Liver (Winston) and one Lemon Caesar).
    I take my older one winston out on a shoot once a month and he loves it. new his job straight away and was so eagar to please practically dragged me the whole way round. seeing as there was alot of dogs out that day he picked up 4 pheasants and a rabbit inbetween!!
    I love my dogs to bits i think they have the best character and he cant wait to go out again!

Well my links wont work because there on facebook :( and i dont know how to put them on here!
  10. peedie

peedie New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    Jago... yes, Sika... no. Jago is a lab and he goes wildfowling with my husband during the season, he does what he is born to do, retrieving! He loves it :) Sika is a HWV so should do HPR but she is very nervy and not confident with the gun yet. She may improve as she matures and hopefully gains more confidence. In all honesty though, she'd be just as happy as a pet. She might be a good beaters dog as she's great at pointing and flushing but nowhere near with the retrieving!
  11. marley123

marley123 New Member

Name:
    tom
    yes i work my dogs and they have only just decided to hunt moles, which means plenty of hanging round waiting for a dog to pull its face out the mud :lol:
    by the way they havnt worked out how to hunt moles just yet so they dig holes and sniff
  12. marley123

marley123 New Member

Name:
    tom
    Not mine but the farms working dogs,

[​IMG][/IMG]

from left to right they are :
    meg- shes 10 and as deaf as a door post
    molly- shes 7 and was a great ratting in her day
    ben- hes a good all round dog loves his rabbits
    mallow- she is two and a half- she is the only reliable work dog in the team and is on the go all the time
  13. Chunky

Chunky New Member

Name:
    lesley
    The labs are all picking up dogs, as are some of the springers, the others are used for beating. One of the Dachshunds is used for vermin, but remarkably for dogging in as well. The other is in training for stalking
  14. Luke

Luke New Member

Really? This picture is currently used on a preloved advert advertising working russell pups, and on a hunting forum I nose on from a while ago, and the picture is described as being all bitches as are four generations of this persons breeding :?
  15. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    :? :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
  16. Mando77

Mando77 New Member

Name:
    David
    Hi all! This is my 1st post!! I have a 8 month old Dutch Shepherd mix! “Bella the Destroyer” She’s amazing! We are having a blast getting basic commands down & socializing her! We run every morning about a mile in a 1/2! Then I go to work! She is home w/ my son & wife all day & when I get home from work we walk 2 1/2 miles &!then do some training! I’m loving having a working dog! Super fun! She loves to bite!!!!
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello David - this is a very old thread and I am not sure if anyone from it is around any more, but I see you have started a new thread so will go have a look at it now. :)
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    I see that you are enthusiastic but do be careful that you don't do too much to soon with your puppy. Her growth plates will not be fully developed yet - I would be careful with running and jumping for a few months yet.
    Free running on grass is fine though.