Do your Spaniels play together? Questions

Discussion in 'English Springer Spaniel' started by Wyrd, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha

Do your Spaniels play together?

Harry my mums working type Springer Spaniel doesn't really play or interact with other dogs on walks, he just charges around in the bushes mostly. :lol:
    Once on a walk he spotted 2 other working type Springers running around in a field and ran off after them.

Do you find your Spaniels interact with each other more than other breeds?

I know my mum would eventually like a working Cocker but I'm wondering if they will interact together when out on a walk or run into the bushes in opposite directions :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pawsonboard

Pawsonboard New Member

Name:
    Sam
    I have a 'Tuesday spaniel walk' where I have 4 spaniels together. 1 springer, 2 working cockers and a show type cocker and they all bundle together!
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    My cocker certainly seems to play with other spaniels (and also poodles) more than other breeds.
  5. Kerriebaby

Kerriebaby

Name:
    Claire or KB
    My Spaniel x plays with most other breeds, but he does get all excited when he sees other spanners x
  6. Rolosmum

Rolosmum New Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Mine are more responsive to springers than any other breed, but they dont play much at all with other dogs, they run around sometimes witn each other sometimes alone and playing fetch they help each other and look synchronized, but they dont play like they do indoors at all whilst out.
  7. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Rolosmum, do your two sniff in the same sort of areas and interact when out? Or do they just seem to run around in opposite directions? :lol:
  8. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    My two WCS play a lot together in the house, if we are just out for a walk together they do tend to stick together, but I wouldn't say they "play" as such, more just sniffing and hunting, and retrieving if we are doing that.

They are really friendly towards all other dogs, not just spaniels, but again on a walk it's either a quick hello and move on or other dogs are ignored completely.

They don't charge off in opposite directions at all, but then they both stick reasonably close to us anyway.
  9. Dalmonda

Dalmonda New Member

Name:
    z
    Mine Usually "friendly sniff" and ignore in most cases... most cases being... Should they meet another spaniel (and they spot them a mile off) they are OFF and its like a tumbleweed of play. They play wth eachother but other than that mostly only other spaniels!
  10. Rolosmum

Rolosmum New Member

Name:
    Lynn
    A of both they look out for each other as well as us, and spend a fair big of the time running and turning much like synchronised swimmers or an air display team, then they will go off in different directions, then maybe join up again. When running for a ball ruby is always first, rolo waits for the second, but they will check up on each other to make sure they both have them, rarely just one returning on their own.
  11. daisylynn

daisylynn New Member

Name:
    Daisy
    The field spaniel I'm trying to adopt (Angus) LOVES to play with other dogs, especially my boyfriend's lab mix (baby girl). Baby girl doesn't really like Angus's play, but that's only because she's kinda old and calm, and he's really rambunctious and silly.
  12. astle9

astle9 New Member

Name:
    Andy
    my springer is too busy being busy to notice other dogs, he does however play like mad with my other 2 non springer dogs when we sit and have a brew.