Does anyone have a bullgreyhound Questions

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by rosbour, Mar 15, 2012.

1. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate

Does anyone have a bullgreyhound

has anyone a bullgreyhound as cannot seem to find one on here? :-o
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Not that i know of, but there is someone who is full of bull and owns a greyhound ...
  4. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate
    Sorry your saying...? He is a bull greyhound ? I know what I bred him with! I mean he was bred by family, I took him in as runt of a litter of 12, we have 12 dogs between us 8 lurchers( various) 1 springer 1 cocky 1 gsd & 1 Plummer terrier o)
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  5. Fivedogpam

Fivedogpam New Member

Name:
    Pam
    I've never heard that expression - do you mean a bulldog crossed with a greyhound?
  6. bellaluna

bellaluna New Member

Name:
    Jeanette
    I've never heard of that breed. Isn't it just a mix of 2 breeds?
  7. Pawsonboard

Pawsonboard New Member

Name:
    Sam
    Thats what I thought

Surely its a lurcher?!
  8. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    Greyhound pitbull crosses were really popular round here with the chav blokes in their twenties about 5 years ago - for about 6 months then they all vanished, bar one that often I see tied outside the local benefits office when I go shopping.

I chatted to more than one of the owners and they insisted the dogs were a breed called Coeur De Leons. That was a new one on me. :lol: It was only when I asked what the parents were they admitted they were the above cross, though it was blatantly obvious looking at the dog anyway. They used to take them lamping rabbits and foxes - I used to see them heading up the footpath then see the red lights over in the grass when I was out for the doglet's last pee of the night.
  9. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Technically a lurcher

A greyhound crossed with a bull breed. I have seen a couple at country/ game fairs.
  10. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate
    Yes they are a lurchers and can be crossed with any bull breed,it's interesting to hear dokhyi ( who has a Tibetan mastiff)! Label the owners as being Chav's tied up outside the benefits office, and he thinks they are all crossed with pitbulls used for hunting! Maybe some but not all, ignorance is bliss!!
  11. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I have met a few of these, the cross was a popular one in the working field a few years ago. In fact my brother in law had one but his OH gave her marching orders as she took a dislike to her (the dog to the person).

She was a staffie x greyhound so yes a lurcher but also called a bull greyhound. We think Cassie has some english bull in her but mainly she is a collie greyhound
  12. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen

Murf , is this joke ?
  13. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate
    Yes mine is a staffie cross and also has some collie in him, but the 3 dogs off the litter have more of the staff in them ( hence the pic) but the 9 bitches are taller with thinner heads n look more like there mother, the boys struggle with dominance but the rest are great with each other, although when boys are together I need my son in law with me to control the dominance! That said mine was swept down a river n one of the brothers jumped in and tried to get him, thankfully we did 0)
  14. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    :blush: :blush:
  15. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    it was meant to say is this a joke (just noticed my typo), like our dogs we are sensitive souls us grey owners, no worries :grin:
  16. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate
    Yea murf we are sensitive just like our dogs :-o)ps greybull is pit crossed with greyhound, bullgreyhound can be any other bull breed, according to google ha !
  17. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    Go back and read what I actually wrote rather than what you wanted to read.

And what me having a Tibetan Mastiff has to do with it is beyond me.
  18. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate
    Did u really, typecasting ! I read wot u wrote, ur experience with this breed seems from how I read it as negative, How else was I supposed to take it???
  19. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate
    Yep read it again n maybe I'm picking out the negative bits, but u did use the word chav, benefits office, n hunting, n by the look of the breed or cross whatever phrase, it obvious wot they are? Which bits did I miss??
  20. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    You should pay a visit round here then you'd know I was just being matter of fact rather than insulting anybody. I don't know about you, but where I live is hardly the posh part of Kensington. :lol: I never said anybody with a lurcher that's part bull breed or even everybody with that particular cross was a bad lot at any point. I never even said these people were - just because I mentioned the benefits office doens't mean I'm a card carrying Mail reader - hell, I've had to sign on myself at more than one point. Just they seemed to be trendy for a while then vanish apart from one. And the blokes I talked to with the "Coeur De Leons" were out lamping with them, which I saw with my own eyes. I made no moral judgement on it. I don't know if they caught much, but the local male fox is way too smart for them. :lol: It's quite a common sight for me if I'm out early in the morning from now to autumn to see people out (usually failing at) shooting rabbits. It's like flipping Watership Down round here.

My point about it being obvious what they are is I had at least two different blokes tell me their dogs where Coeur De Leons when it was pretty obvious the dogs were greyhoud pitbull crosses (I actually have a very favourable view of pitbulls and greyhounds too for that matter) We used to have racing greyhounds and I was in serious danger of dognapping a beautiful black greyhound last week when talking to his lady not chav owner who also had a gorgeous dark merle lurcher with her :grin:). Don't make me bore you about the pitbull that was one of the best dogs I ever knew. The particular cross looks like nothing else due to the head especially. What else can I say? I knew they weren't half staffie or half labrador as it was the wrong size and shape. It's just Coeur De Leon was something I'd never heard a lurcher being called before or since.

I'm at a loss what else to say as the female I see is usually tied up outside the benfits office on my shopping day - she's a beauty and the only one I see about regularly now. The only negative thing about that is I HATE seeing dogs tied up alone outside anywhere. I was speaking to someone who had one stolen from outside the post office the other week. :-(

Maybe calling the blokes I spoke to chavs was a bit unkind, but it saved me time. They probably have mentioned more than once that they once met a Tibetan Mastiff owned by some fat old bird. And anyway, they're not sure it was a real breed as it looked like a rottweiler cross alsatian to them. :005:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  21. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate
    Now I understand , us Yorkshire folk don't judge as much, !! Although I can see y u said chav as there are plenty around here too who are Pleased to have this breed under no control! Im sorry if I offended u, like u said they labeled ur mastiff ( fat old bird ha) no never would I think that i was just protecting my breed, hope were friends :0) u see I'm sensitive!!! But I have never been a chav or ever on the dole, although I feel like it sometimes !! But... Will never happen,I hope 0)