Does anyone own a Brittany? Questions

Discussion in 'Brittany' started by Kerriebaby, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Kerriebaby

Kerriebaby

Name:
    Claire or KB

Does anyone own a Brittany?

I have been looking at pics of these stunning dogs for a long time, and I need to know more

Does anyone own one, or know more of them (am currently reading breed profiles, and looking at breeders)

Claire
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Know a few, some compete in agility, others work, some have been made up into full Sh Ch, Full Ch and one Dual Champion.

Hard hunting HPR, with the activity of a spaniel but the range of a pointer.

Tournesol/Bryantscroft are very successful kennels
  4. Kerriebaby

Kerriebaby

Name:
    Claire or KB
    What are they like temperament wise SB?
  5. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Good with dogs and people IME, they are, like a lot of HPRs, a mixture of sensitivity and high initiative and independence.
    Which means they do not suit everyone.

Nowhere near as sensitive as say a HV but not quite as hard as a GWP
  6. Kerriebaby

Kerriebaby

Name:
    Claire or KB
    hmmmm....I think I may have to go to Crufts next year. I love the look of them, but wonder how they would fit in with a family
  7. jaymacv

jaymacv New Member

Name:
    Jay
    I think they're gorgeous too, but it never went anywhere.
    Could you kindly keep us updated on your research? I would love to know more.
    P.s the pups are ADORABLE! 8)
  8. Kerriebaby

Kerriebaby

Name:
    Claire or KB
    No, the cutest puppy is a rough collie puppy ;-)
  9. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Discover dogs is at Earls Court in November
  10. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise
    There is someone up our road with one, and imo they are the wrong owners for one, but it is a lovely, even tempered dog, but is crying out for more physical/mental stimulation
  11. Caseykay

Caseykay New Member

Name:
    Kelly
    We have an 8 month old Brittany bitch named Scout. She is pretty full on when she is hunting (she was purchased for rough-shooting and possibly field trials all going well, and I plan to do agility with her). At home she is a real love, she is a sweet cuddly girl. She is just, I hope!, growing out of her chew everything in sight stage. She gets lots of exercise and company and my husband does some training with her every day. Due to my husband and I working different hours she is only alone about an hour a day maybe a couple, and is kennelled with one of my dogs then.

I also have 2 working line border collies aged 12 and 3 and a show sort of BC aged 10 as well, so she wasn't TOO much of a shock to the system! She and my young border collie love to play as well. She is very bright and picks new things up quickly. She LOVES to carry things in her mouth and is happy to retrieve anything. She can be quite sensitive and is prone to sulking. She ADORES my husband and every time she sees him he gets the kind of wigglebum greeting where you think he had been lost at sea for months. She loves us, loves our other dogs, like to play with our cat. Loves going out, being active, swimming and hunting practice. She has little interest in people or dogs she doesn't know, just kinda ignores them. She will play with other dogs if she knows them quite well but is usually too "busy" when out to notice other dogs.

Baby Scout 8 weeks old:
    [​IMG]

Recently Scout aged 8 months old:
    [​IMG]
  12. chirpyyorkshire

chirpyyorkshire New Member

Name:
    chirpy
    Azz likes this.
    Mine is a French Brittany Spaniel not an American one (they are different). Loving dogs, gentle. They needs lots of exercise. They are bird dogs