Dog's clothing General Chat

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Erde, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Erde

Erde New Member

Name:
    Erde

Dog's clothing

Have you any experience with dog clothing?
    The dog has a fur, so why to get any clothing but some fur is difficult to maintain after the rain. Maybe clothes increase matting?
    I am tempted to knit some for my Bichon Frese but, well, not sure. Would like to hear your opinions.
    :confused:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    My dog is a giant tub of lard... Clothes no longer fit him, but they never bothered him when he was younger. He truly never needed them though. I guess some small breeds get cold or something. I don't really see a point other than the dogs look cute lol
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Rosie wears coats in winter. She has a lighter weight one and a heavier one for when the weather is really cold.

She hates the cold and the coat helps her.

I'm not into what other people think. I know my dog and I know when she is and isn't comfortable :)
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Merry has a moss green softshell. It was bought for extreme weather, but I keep it in her show bag in case of rain. I also got her one of those Danish Design two layer coats. Apart from trying it on for size, she hasn't needed to wear it - yet.
    Eddie point blank refuses to wear a coat - he will tear it to get out of one. From being 5 months old he had to spend long periods in a cold car while I was working Tweed, but would not wear a jacket or jersey. Fortunately he does have a good undercoat, and Beagles are a working breed.
    I must admit that I never used coats for any of my previous breeds though.
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    Georgina never wears a coat because she doesn't feel the cold. Gwylim however, really needs to wear something to keep him warm after his trips to the groomer which leaves him looking like a plucked chicken!

He's got a couple of fleecy coats like this one ....

SAM_1384.JPG

And 3 or 4 polo necked sweaters.

SAM_1659.JPG
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    He looks really cute in that ski sweater.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    As Tikva was was so small, being very short-coated I bought some polo-neck sweaters for her, worrying that she would be cold.

IIRC it took me at least half an hour [and two badly scratched arms] to get it over her head, let alone get her legs into the armholes - and she had it off in seconds. Just after I had managed to take a photograph of her!

I also tried those padded step-in jackets that zip up the back...

... Ram went away with all of them to give to new clients!