Dogs for life...new to the forum Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Varmint, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Varmint

Varmint New Member

Name:
    Brian

Dogs for life...new to the forum

Hi there. I have had dogs for all of my life and have recently adopted a dog that is just baffling me as to the breed. The way that he came into our lives is sad but he is now part of our pack and I would like to find out more information about what breed he is. I will find the correct topic header and post there.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Varmint

Varmint New Member

Name:
    Brian
    I am not sure at all where to post this and I don't want to break protocol....so, I'll just post it here unless someone suggests that I post it somewhere else..

Boscoe is 6 months old and weighs 46.5 lbs.

Oh....and somebody suggested that he was some sort of Mastiff

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hi Brian, welcome to the forum.
    Your post is fine where it is, and I hope you will get some suggestions - he does look to have some kind of Mastiff breeding.
    I'm glad he has found a loving home with you.
  5. Varmint

Varmint New Member

Name:
    Brian
    Thank you for your reply.
    It is obvious that Boscoe is a mutt.
    So far it has been suggested that he displays one or more of the following:

1. Pincher
    2. Dogue de Bordeaux
    3. Dutch Shepherd
    4. Chesapeake Bay Retreiver

Again, thank you for your response and any other help would be appreciated. Resized_20170630_165834 (002).jpg

Here is Boscoe with my Retreiver..."Opie"
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hello Brian and lovely Boscoe - Welcome to Breedia from Tikki Tikva and from me! :039:

Boscoe is gorgeous [so is Opie] but although I really do not know that much about breeds, tbh I cannot see any of the ones your mention in him. I stand corrected if I am wrong though.

He is a big boy for 6 months old so who knows what is in his background - but if you love him does it matter? He is just lovely!

If you are concerned as to where to post on Breedia, there is a section under Breed Specific Forums listed as Forums by Dog Type which includes Cross Breed Forums [where Tikva 'belongs' as she is a cross-breed] and Mongrels Forum where Pereg, the picture in my avatar 'belonged'.

And of course there is always the section for General Dog Chat.

You could post on any of these sections and be sure that you will get a response from someone! :) No doubt someone far more experienced than I with regard to specific breeds! :D