Dogs Stop Wanting Hugs At 3Yrs? Need Your Help! Behaviour

Discussion in 'Shih Tzu' started by Shih_Tzu_Lover, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Shih_Tzu_Lover

Shih_Tzu_Lover New Member

Name:
    Mizz-Hollie-Ess

Dogs Stop Wanting Hugs At 3Yrs? Need Your Help!

Heyaah
    I'm Shih_Tzu_Lover and my boss says her mum had a shih tzu and after 3 years old he refused to give her hugs anymore- Do you know anything about this.

I had never come accross this before- Romeo is 3 1/2 and he loves hugs and kisses. I guessed that the reason her dog doesnt want hugs is because it gets no attention, mental stimulation off her & things like that.

Anyone know anything?
    Hollie xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    It's probably more to do with the relationship between the dog and the owner. Sounds like you've got it right so just carry on. I've never had one of mine stop giving me hugs and kisses and I don't think it is a breed thing either so don't worry!
    Becky
  4. Shih_Tzu_Lover

Shih_Tzu_Lover New Member

Name:
    Mizz-Hollie-Ess
    Becky-(mahooli)
    Thanks for the advice- i have never had a problem with the breed or any other breed i have owned.
    I didnt think that it was a 'breed thing' as it were just like you dont,
    The owner is trying to pass it off as a breed thing and when we told her we had a shih tzu you could see she wanted to eat her words hahaa

Hollie-( Shih_Tzu_Lover) xx
  5. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    With a change in character like that, I'd have him checked over by the vet.

If he is sore somewhere or just not feeling 100% I could well imagine that he wouldn't want to be kissed and cuddled.

If he is fit and healthy, the other thing could be that he has just had too much cuddling - if his owner was forever picking him up/never leaving him alone, he may just have had enough of it.
  6. Debra Aycock

Debra Aycock New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    I hope not I love my kisses and love from my lil guy !!!