Double posting problems Help!

Discussion in 'Help / Suggestions' started by Trouble, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley

Double posting problems

give me strength it either multiple posts or leaves it sitting there doing nothing.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    What browser are you using Shirley?

Could you also run a www.speedtest.net test to see what speeds you are getting please?
  4. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Internet explorer but everywhere else works fine.
    That speed test wants me to download a speed tracker and I'm not downloading anything.
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    You shouldn't have to download anything - just click on 'start' :)

What version of IE is it? Have you tried using FF or another browser - do you get the same problems with that?
  6. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    There was no start button it wanted me to download some speed tracker as I said, same on FF and the speed is currently 18.29
  7. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Sorry it's not a start button it should say 'begin test' - is that there anywhere?

Where do you get the 18.29 figure from?

I don't think it's your broadband as you have fibre, so I'm guess it might be IE - what version is it? And can you try using FF on Breedia for a while to see if the same thing happens?
  8. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Right, I ain't fick. :lol: I've already tried firefox, same problems. IE is version 10 which is working fine everywhere else. 18.29 was the speed at the time I tested it, not great but better than before and it's free. I used a different speed check because the one you linked to insisted I download their speed tracker, there was only 1 button and it was marked download. Also when on Breedia I keep getting adverts opening up when I change screen, really odd things like the Dalai Lama??:roll:
  9. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hmmm that sounds like you might have a compromised system as we only have one google ad showing to members... all the way down in the footer of the page.

Have you run a virus check recently?
  10. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Virus check is run daily. Funny it's only happening on here and the ad opens a new page every time, it doesn't appear on the page as such. Who'd have thought the Dalai Lama needed to advertise anyway. Whenever I click on smilies on here I don't get them I get a page opening headed affiliate trk4.com no clue what it is cos this is all I get

The link you have requested is not available, please try your request later.

So what's the point of that then ??????????
  11. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Virus check is run daily. Funny it's only happening on here and the ad opens a new page every time, it doesn't appear on the page as such. Who'd have thought the Dalai Lama needed to advertise anyway. Whenever I click on smilies on here I don't get them I get a page opening headed affiliate trk4.com no clue what it is cos this is all I get

12. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley

Oh and the message I type only posts when I close the window. Totally bizarre
  13. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Look at the three messages above - the last one is different. Did you have to press 'post reply' more than once?

Are you using the quick reply box or do you go to preview first?

That's also very odd regarding smilies.

Could you try downloading www.opera.com and see if the same thing happens with that?
  14. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    The last message is different because I waited soooooooooo long for it to post I added to the bottom of it pressed post and eventually closed the window before I died of boredom and only when I close the window does it eventually post whatever I've been trying to post. They might be timed a minute apart but that's not true. Funny Dogsey is working fine, no adverts, no delays, no trouble posting. I don't like opera and I ain't downloading anything else just to please Breedia when everything else works fine.
  15. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    The last message is different because I waited soooooooooo long for it to post I added to the bottom of it pressed post and eventually closed the window before I died of boredom and only when I close the window does it eventually post whatever I've been trying to post. They might be timed a minute apart but that's not true. Funny Dogsey is working fine, no adverts, no delays, no trouble posting. I don't like opera and I ain't downloading anything else just to please Breedia when everything else works fine.

so I'm waiting and waiting and nothing is happening, so I'll shut the window and there it will be.
  16. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Weird!
  17. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    It's odd that it's only happening to you Shirley.

Downloading a new browser might help see if it's just your old ones being affected..
  18. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I tried opera and chrome in the past and don't like either. Is it funny it's only happening to me? Funny it's only happening on here if you ask me. Between me and the OH we use a fair few forums and no problems anywhere else at all.
  19. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Installing a new browser can help determine whether your old ones have been compromised (some scripts can install software to 'take over' certain parts of browsers - obviously they would only affect browsers installed previously, well unless they were very smart).

Sometimes your ISP or PC vendor can install a 'modified' version of a browser too - like what Freeserve used to do and AOL with their own browser.

So installing a brand new browser can help determine the problem.