Drool marks? Questions

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by Dazzz, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Dazzz

Dazzz New Member

Name:
    Daryl

Drool marks?

Hi guys.
    I currently have a 4 year old short haired chinese shar pei which i rescued around a year and a half ago. Recently i have noticed spots on my doors and walls where he shakes (just as a note his ears are fine, ive had him checked he just shakes his head). My question is simply does anyone else have this problem and found a way to overcome either the scrubbing to remove it or a way to stop the marks appearing? Thank you
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    My Pei doesn't drool but after she's had a drink of water she does have "drippy" chops and if she shakes her head water splatters everywhere. I normally keep an old towel handy to dry her chin and baby wipes for cleaning my Mini Schnauzer's greasy chin.

As for marks on the walls and doors I use a wet cloth or a sponge/ scourer the sort you use for dishes and a good all purpose cleaner the kind you'd use for kitchen surfaces and cupboards. Hope that helps!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    One of my Beagles drools and the other one, not a drop. I only heard yesterday - on a TV puppy programme - that this trait is genetic, ie. even in the same breed, some dogs will have this problem, and some not. Something to look out for when choosing your puppy's parents!
    Our worst time is when their food is being prepared, so it is fairly easy to blot up the mini puddle with tissue, then spray with a bio worktop spray and blot again. I wipe his mouth every time I see a pendulum forming, but sudden head shakes are a pain, and the little spots that you miss at the time dry white on mirrors, and eventually turn brownish on the walls. Ugh! We do have wipe clean surfaces wherever possible, but in the living rooms it can be easier to just slap on another coat of magnolia emulsion.
  5. Dazzz

Dazzz New Member

Name:
    Daryl
    Thank you guys. I will try and keep an old towel around but its interesting to know ita genetic to be honest