Eddie's ongoing health problem Health

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Feb 16, 2015.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Wow! I have re-read this thread to refresh my mind about Ed's hypothyroid diagnosis, and I am knocked out to recall just how long he has managed to stay trouble free since that last grim diagnosis. Time for an update.
    Ed has had to have his sulphasalazine dosage reduced to 750mg a day, as despite daily eye drops, he does have conjunctivitis - however he has not gone on to develop true dry eyes. His bottom feels hard - as if there is a lump in there, but nothing shows on the outside, and with the vet we jointly decided not to have any more internals as long as he is staying well. He doesn't seem to have anal sac problems, which is good as they are now quite difficult to isolate and to express. He has itchy days when he will sit and rock on his bottom, and he has days when passing his first motion of the day seems to require a major decision but, though he has some minor blood streaking, he has never yelped or shown any pain. He is the obedience class clown, and usually gets away with doing things his own way because he makes people laugh. Long may it continue.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Having read your update Carole, I too say "Long may it continue" as there is nothing else I can say, except "הלוואי" which means "I wish" but is said for "I hope".

I hope and I pray that Eddie will keep his obedience class, and you, laughing for a long time yet. xx