Eeep, eep, I wanna go out General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Eeep, eep, I wanna go out

At 4am? Go back to sleep Tikva. Eep, eeep, eeeep. No, gotta go out now. So I staggered out of bed, grabbed sticks and plonked through to let her out. Forgetting to clip her onto her tether, but she quickly did a p&p and rushed back in. Good little Tikki.

Good little Tikki shot straight through and into her crate, curled up on her sleeping blankie and is fast asleep, leaving me wide away. And it is hot. 26°C [78.8°F].
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Decided I was tired enough to go back to bed, zonked out and woke at 9.30am and the little booga was still asleep! So I woke her, got the stinkeye [Tikva is very good at giving the stinkeye, and with typical Dachshund eyes they are very large and expressive], out she went, clipped onto her tether this time.

I had forgotten what it was like having to get up to let Pereg out two or three times a night, and then the night feedings of Tikki, but at least I can catch up with news until I was tired enough to go back to bed as Tikva was safe in her crate.

Bless her. :049:
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    CaroleC likes this.
    Let's hope tonight is a little quieter
    As you said ' bless her ' at least she asked to go out or you may have been cleaning up a stinky mess this morning !
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No worries about that as she was in her crate. She will pee in it if necessary although she has not done that for a very long time, but poo in it? No way. It would not matter in any event as I line her crate with a puppy pad [well, with 600 free ones I might as well use them] with her soft blankie [or fluffy sleep pad in the winter] at the other end from the door.

And being raw fed her poos are small, firm, and do not stink!

In any case after four years of having to clean up after Pereg - the stinkiest thing being when she emptied her anal glands... once in one of my Crocs while I was wearing it... nothing fazes me now.

But I could have done without being woken from what was, I think, a rather pleasant dream! :D
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Ah, the old night time P&P run. Don't miss them (especially in the winter). Stepping in a puddle early in the morning without any slippers on was the worst, but I can laugh now!
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Not so bad when they nip out, squat straight away, and dash back in, but standing there waiting while they find the right spot, then picking it up - in your nothings, in the rain, really is a labour of love!
  8. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka likes this.
    Oh definitely. I reckon if my neighbour looked out the window they'd think I'm mental!
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It has been so long time since we had rain that I cannot remember how Tikva reacted to it. She has probably forgotten what rain is, just like since the last school year ended she had forgotten that the school buses stop outside our bungalow to let the older children who go to schools off the Moshav [the school here is up to Grade 8 or 9 I think] get off, and now the new school year has started she mutters at them parking and the children getting off and walking past! One of the pick-up points is diagonally opposite, next to the macolet so they do not stop outside here

There are various pick up and drop off points, both for our children who go to schools off the Moshav, and children from other Moshavim and Kibbutsim that come by bus to the school/s here.

I forget how Lexi used to react to going out to p&p in the rain but I remember getting soaked when trying to house-train Pereg. Tikva, of course, could not go out when she was so tiny and so young but knew what a puppy pee pad was for very quickly.