Enclosed Area For Off Lead Run Questions

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by JamieWilson, Oct 25, 2011.

1. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise
    Try and get in touch with some of the trainers that run a lot at Belle Vue, they'll have fields.

There's one in Sleaford, don't know how near that is to you though.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Sky & Joys Dad

Sky & Joys Dad New Member

Name:
    James
    Hi, I've relatives in Sleaford, and this field would be highly useful- if you have contact details. Obviously you cant publish someone's details online but email is cool
  4. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise
    If you google "Greyhound Trainers Belle Vue", Ian should be the first result.

Can't say i know him or know much about him, but he is meant to have good facilities, and the worst thing that can happen is he says no.
  5. Sarahe88

Sarahe88 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Hi, where abouts are you based in essex? As we have a pointer cross who needs a good run round but we cant let him off the lead without him bolting? It would be great to find out more about this Thanks Sarah
  6. madmare

madmare New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Hi Sarah. Unfortunatly this field is no longer available. It has new owners and they have now put horses in it.
    It may be worth ringing round local boarding kennels that have a large paddock as sometimes they are willing to rent it out for 30-60 mins here and there.
    Not sure where you are in Essex, but this Sat 27th there is a big free dog day in Colchester. Free entry, with free raffle. Free microchipping, Free behaviourist consultations, Free vet, Free dog show with prizes. Free have a go agility, Plus much more and many stands and stalls and bouncy castles etc for the kids.
  7. Sarahe88

Sarahe88 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    This is such a shame :009: I have contacted a few dog rescues but I will try boarding kennels next. Thanks for the advice. Im nearish Clacton, I'll definately check out the dog day as Colchester is only 15 mins away :grin: Where abouts is it? Castle Park? I went to the Essex Dog Day one and Rufus had lovely fun. He loved the agility and he won Most Handsome Crossbreed Dog with Scruffts. We are going to Discover Dogs with him on the 10th Nov for the Grand Final! We have land its just I havent got a spare £2000 to fence it securely. It has a chicken wire fence and its never been a problem with our other dogs until Rufus (the very talented Escape Artist) He is so silly becasue he could have so much fun running free but we cant risk it. He came back with a badly torn ear the other day after dissappearing for 30mins out the garden! Thanks for getting back to me its much appreciated!
  8. madmare

madmare New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Sarah its easier for you to get too coming from Clacton as its at Mill Road Rugby Club, Mill Road Colchester CO4 5JF
    Its about 3 mins from the A120 if you come off on the A1232 Turning and is on from 11am - 4pm.
    I will be there on the Greyhound Homer Stand with Kyiro and Lily so come and say hello. I think there is the greyhound walks stand there as well but I won't be on that one.
    Bev
  9. Sarahe88

Sarahe88 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Hi, Me and Rufus will come and have a look. Id like him to have another go at agility. He has his first lesson booked for Sat 3rd so will be good for him to practise. Ill be sure to come say hello :)
  10. Sarahe88

Sarahe88 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Hi! I think i have found an enclosed space in Ipswich! Aparently its 8ft high fence double gated, donated by a lady who loves dogs. Its called Newbury Park off of Brittannia Road in Ipswich. We are going to check it out soon so i'll let you know. Maybe good for your Greyhounds!