English Bull Terrier Colouring Questions

Discussion in 'Bull Terrier' started by Nippy, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny

English Bull Terrier Colouring

On the beach this morning I met a gorgeous 3 year old EBT.
    What surprised me was he was brindle coloured. I have never met a brindle Bully before. Have I just led a very sheltered life :lol: or is this usual?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Fernsmum

Fernsmum New Member

Name:
    Ali
    A couple of brindle ones live near me but most of the ones I have seen have been white :)
  4. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    I spoke to the owner who admitted it was very unusual and said all the others he knew were white.
    I think he was a rescue, the owner didn't seem to know a lot about the breed. He was a happy little chap though (the dog not the owner, although he did have the wow factor :lol: )
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    a good brindle is usually called tiger brindle this is hard to get brindle in its self is not at all unusual, solid bullie colouring is even more rare and if one were to be produced the breeder would probably keep it, Toros mum is red and white, Toros dad is white, they produced 1 white 1 red and white and 1 tri colour, if I was to put Toro to a coloured dog she could have any of the above combo, but put to white should have white pups...but thats neva gonna happen, shes my baby and I could neva put her through a pregnancy...
  6. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
  7. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Thanks Elaine, that is very interesting.
    I realise how little I know about the EBT. I am sure in the past I have only seen white ones. So there you go :grin:
    I am really warming to them and that little "Ollie" I saw yesterday won my heart.
  8. david rawding

david rawding New Member

Name:
    david
    hi i have red and white english bull terrier, there becoming more popular now , they dont seem to get the same skin probelms as the white ones.
  9. Sally

Sally New Member

I have a brindle/white boy and the breeder of this boy has a Black/white, white, Tri and Brindle/white girl.. Have seen red/white..

Soild are not shown in the ring much as they are not as flashy as the whites or colour and whites, but they love you just the same!!!
  10. david rawding

david rawding New Member

Name:
    david
    i dont show mine, i got him from the e.b.t. rescue centre. at 10 months old he a big lad 5 stone 6, but im trying to get afew pounds off. must admit do perfer the white ones but my last one was a tri one, was 16 when i had to put him to sleep sadly missed. reggi my e.b.t is now 5 is sat with me at work next to the fire he turned out to be a fantastic dog ,a real clown