English Setter Disposition Questions

Discussion in 'English Setter' started by Tony Jaschke, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Tony Jaschke

Tony Jaschke New Member

Name:
    Bevotex

English Setter Disposition

My wife and I recently acquired 6 year old Male English Setter from. Gentlemen who was relocating to California and couldn’t take Ranger with him. We have always owned Golden Retrievers and I honestly didn’t know English Setters were a breed. He is the sweetest gentleman and loving dog we have ever owned, my question is this typical disposition for the breed?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Tony Jaschke and Malka like this.
    I'm so glad that you were able to re-home this boy. All the English Setters I have come across have been sweet natured. They tend not to be the smartest dogs on the planet, but their gentleness makes them super family pets.
    This breed can be prone to thyroid deficiency, and breed clubs have been funding research into this. Though I hope not, if you do hit problems such as low energy, weight gain, coat loss, have a blood test done - it is easily and fairly cheaply controlled.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hi - may we have some pictures of your English Setter please? :)
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I've never had the pleasure of owning one myself, but the ones I have met have been just as you describe. Lovely dogs.
  6. Tony Jaschke

Tony Jaschke New Member

Name:
    Bevotex
    I’d love to show my Ranger off but I’m having trouble posting pictures all I get after pasting a link is the following; [​IMG]
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I see you finally managed to post pictures of your lovely Ranger! And he really is a gorgeous boy! :)